FS 1920 Model T Engine

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: FS 1920 Model T Engine
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Friday, May 05, 2017 - 03:21 pm:

Early (February) 1920 Model T engine for sale. I picked this engine up a few years ago with a bunch of other parts. Upon inspection, it appeared it had been rebuilt at some point and time. Who did the work remains unknown. What I do know is the bearing feel tight. It has aluminum (.030) pistons, adjustable pushrods, new valves, spring and keepers. The transmission looks great and the bushings appear tight. It looks like the transmission cover was temporarily installed with a few bolts. The bands are missing; however, I will supply a pair of demountable bands with the sale. The fan appears to be new as well as the pulley. It looks as if the builder was planning to run a distributor; however, the original magneto is present. I'm clearing the garage out and have decided to let it go to a good home. Prefer you come and pick it up $2,800. Mark Chaffin (951) 805-0928

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Saturday, May 06, 2017 - 01:11 am:

If you have any questions give me a call. (951) 805-0928

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Saturday, May 06, 2017 - 02:56 pm:

Ok. How about $2,700?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Sunday, May 07, 2017 - 11:52 am:

Great motor for someone. Bottom dollar $2,500. Come get it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Sunday, May 07, 2017 - 06:10 pm:

Btt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Tuesday, May 09, 2017 - 12:07 pm:

Btt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Tuesday, May 09, 2017 - 09:48 pm:

Bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mario Brossard on Tuesday, May 09, 2017 - 10:39 pm:

It is a very fair deal!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Hoshield; Oak Park MI on Tuesday, May 09, 2017 - 11:12 pm:

Man... I know I'll be spending more than that, rebuilding mine over the course of a bbq lost s ummer of driving. :-(
Sounds like a good deal.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Wednesday, May 10, 2017 - 12:20 am:

Thanks for the input guys. I believe it is a great deal. I guess it is all about timing. If I don't find a good home for it, it's just a good excuse to hold on it for a future project. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don - Conroe, TX on Wednesday, May 10, 2017 - 07:58 am:

It's certainly priced right....and would solve the engine woes for my 24 Touring.

I'll start saving for it and contact you sometime in the future to see if you still have it (and are willing to crate it for shipping)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Wednesday, May 10, 2017 - 10:23 am:

Don,

I'll keep you in mind. Thank you for expressing interest.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Wednesday, May 10, 2017 - 10:51 am:

Are the freeze plugs missing? Looks odd there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Wednesday, May 10, 2017 - 11:56 am:

No. We're replaced with a Welsh type plug it apparently.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Friday, May 12, 2017 - 11:33 pm:

Btt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Hoshield; Oak Park MI on Saturday, May 13, 2017 - 06:08 pm:

I have to confirm with my wife. I'm out of town and will PM tomorrow. Iterested.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Saturday, May 13, 2017 - 10:57 pm:

Still available Dennis.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Hoshield; Oak Park MI on Sunday, May 14, 2017 - 01:21 am:

Would you be able to create or prep for freight pickup? I'd certain pair for your efforts. I will need to get an estimate on shipping..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Sunday, May 14, 2017 - 11:34 am:

I guess to make the sale I may have to consider crating it. I could possibly through it on a pallet and drop it at. FASTNAL store.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Sunday, May 14, 2017 - 11:35 am:

Drop it

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Hoshield; Oak Park MI on Sunday, May 14, 2017 - 12:59 pm:

I am afraid I have to wait in line behind Don. I'm just not going to be able to scrounge the $$ to swing it, yet. If It's still available when I can come up with the dough, I'll let you know. Sorry for the roller coaster ride. From what I can see, It's certainly a good deal. Even better for someone closer to you!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Sunday, May 14, 2017 - 03:43 pm:

I totally understand Dennis. I also believe it's a great deal for someone. I would prefer to find somebody close by to pick it up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Sunday, May 14, 2017 - 03:45 pm:

Will through in a set of demountable bands and rebuilable Holly NH carburetor.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Monday, May 15, 2017 - 03:56 pm:

Price reduced to $2,400. Pick up preferred. Includes demountable bands and re-buildable Holly NH carburetor not shown. Mark Chaffin (951) 805-0928

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dominic Denio on Monday, May 15, 2017 - 08:41 pm:

Mark,

It was nice to talk with you on the phone this evening. I will contact Freighter Jim and/or look into finding a ride for the engine to the Montana tour. Regardless, I will call tomorrow to close the loop with you.

Thanks,
Dom

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Monday, May 15, 2017 - 08:58 pm:

Dom,

Thank you for the phone call.

Mark is a good guy to do business with !

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Tuesday, May 16, 2017 - 05:54 pm:

Sounds great Dom!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Tuesday, May 16, 2017 - 06:17 pm:

Pending sale to Dom. Thank you Dom! Thank you MTFCA!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Hoshield; Oak Park MI on Tuesday, May 16, 2017 - 07:03 pm:

Congrats to all!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration