Battery Box

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Battery Box
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Sunday, May 07, 2017 - 10:47 am:

I just had another run of battery boxes made. These are exactly like Ford made them, unlike the ones that are currently on the market. An original Ford battery case will slip right in. The boxes come disassembled for easy painting. The bottoms have the tabs cut, and need to be bent down 90 degrees to slide into the box, and re-bent. This is what holds everything together.
There are no tops for these. You must find an original top. Look at the recent posts on battery box tops that I posted a couple of weeks ago. The price is $40 each plus postage. I need your zip code to figure out the postage.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Brown on Sunday, May 07, 2017 - 12:32 pm:

Were they same for all years including the "Improved Ts"?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Sunday, May 07, 2017 - 12:44 pm:

Larry, Put me down for one more. I bought one from your last run. Terry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Henrichs on Sunday, May 07, 2017 - 03:35 pm:

Hi Larry,

I would like 2 of the boxes. I sent you a PM.

Thanks, Dennis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Sunday, May 07, 2017 - 10:03 pm:

Sent a PM to hold a box ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Will on Sunday, May 07, 2017 - 10:26 pm:

Maybe a dumb question, but I'm new here. Based on your wording is this the metal frame the wooden case fits into or is this the wooden case that drops into the metal frame that in turn the battery drops into?
Thanks
Tom

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Dysart - SoCal on Sunday, May 07, 2017 - 10:35 pm:

Tom,
From Larry's description, he is building the box that the battery case fits into, so it sounds like the metal frame. He also refers to tabs that need to bent to assemble and re-bent to hold everything together. That also indicates the metal frame.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, May 07, 2017 - 10:49 pm:

He is talking about the metal battery box that sets in the frame and holds the battery. It's not the frame it's a box. Original batteries had ether an outer hard rubber or wood case that held the cells.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Sunday, May 07, 2017 - 10:52 pm:

Hi Tom and Eric,

Larry is making the sheet metal box which rests in the battery carrier. The battery itself is placed into this metal box and the metal cover rests on the top of the box, The whole affair is held in place with the two clamps.

This link has some photographs which illustrates the box and setup:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/179374/206176.html?1307163712

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Evan in Paso Robles on Monday, May 08, 2017 - 01:45 am:

hello Larry,

Please put me down for 2 of the boxes.

Evan in Paso

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Monday, May 08, 2017 - 01:57 am:

Larry, hold one for me. PM sent. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James E Bowery on Monday, May 08, 2017 - 06:18 am:

Put me down for a battery box.

Jim Bowery
444 Park Addition
Wellsburg WV 26070

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Stinchcomb, Trumbull, CT on Monday, May 08, 2017 - 06:24 am:

Larry

Please hold a battery box for me to 06611, PM also sent.

Thanks
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Whelihan Danbury, WI on Monday, May 08, 2017 - 06:41 am:

Lary, Sent a PM. I'll take two of them. Just let me know total cost.

K.Whelihan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Monday, May 08, 2017 - 07:48 am:

I have an original Ford wood battery box if anyone wants it ... in trade for an original metal cover for the metal box.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darryl Bobzin on Monday, May 08, 2017 - 10:21 am:

Larry, I will take one as well. 28083. Also sent PM.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Monday, May 08, 2017 - 10:30 am:

Gentlemen: Thanks for the response! They are now all sold, in 24 hours! Some of you have ordered two, and I will try to accommodate your needs, but it may not happen. I wasn't ready for this. For those who have ordered one, I'll do my best to get them shipped this week. Cutting the tabs, and drilling the holes slows me down, because I have to do it all by hand. Bear with me! I'm talking about the bottoms here, and they are what holds the whole box together! Thanks to all who have ordered. I now need a complete address to ship. As soon as I get have everything boxed, I'll bill you. I also had to have boxes made to ship these in, and the cost for them will be $1.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Thursday, May 11, 2017 - 05:06 pm:

I shipped of the last battery box this morning. I want to thank all that ordered one. What takes the time on these is cutting the tabs and drilling the two holes on the bottoms. If any need further advice or have comments, please contact me, and I'll do my best to help you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Thursday, May 11, 2017 - 09:48 pm:

Larry, another PM sent. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Saturday, May 13, 2017 - 10:01 pm:

Larry, still haven't heard anything from you. Did you save a box for me? Dave

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration