Rubes Horn 1913-14

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Rubes Horn 1913-14
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Braverman on Sunday, May 07, 2017 - 03:27 pm:

Nice condition except for dent on top. Screen is nice. Includes bulb mounting bracket as shown. No reed. $150 plus shipping.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Sunday, May 07, 2017 - 05:38 pm:

Seems like 99.8% of these horns have a dent on the top bend. Gotta be from dropping the hood on it! Nice horn there. Looks like the round '13 bracket.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Monday, May 08, 2017 - 11:00 am:

Can you post a better photo of the tubing bracket? Hard to tell if it is an original! Nice horn though, and I agree with Tim, it's definitely a 1913.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Braverman on Monday, May 08, 2017 - 04:55 pm:

I believe the bracket is original. It's a little bent up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Monday, May 08, 2017 - 07:50 pm:

Be interesting to know how it got so bent up without without it parting company from the rest of the fitting! I bet it is original too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Tuesday, May 09, 2017 - 10:41 am:

That bracket is the real thing! Being brass, it will straighten up easily. Everything there is brass. I sure hope the threads aren't messed up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randy Morse on Tuesday, May 09, 2017 - 12:43 pm:

Hi Steve. I will take the horn if it still available. Let me know about shipping my area is 99008. Randy 509 236 2393

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Braverman on Wednesday, May 10, 2017 - 06:54 am:

The bulb bracket is sold pending payment. The horn by itself is now $125 if you're still interested Randy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Horton, Utah on Wednesday, May 10, 2017 - 09:35 am:

I have a 1915 Rubes horn that I bought on the classifieds here a month or so ago. Bought a new bulb, the correct one from Langs, put it all together and am not getting any sound. Anyone got a suggestion or a hint to where to start solving my problem??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Wednesday, May 10, 2017 - 09:56 am:

What reed are you using?

The repop reeds aren't really made for the T horn setup; more for the "ram's horn" type found on the sides of rickshaws. I am working on making reeds that will work with the T setup, but until then I have found that you have to go through a number of repops before you find one that will sound OK. Usually you get either no sound, like you are experiencing, or you get a squeal rather than a honk.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Horton, Utah on Wednesday, May 10, 2017 - 10:05 am:

It has the original, I think, reed in it. I bought a repo reed at the same time I bought the bulb, but it doesnít fit, thread wise. While Iíve got you on the phone, are you still stamping serial numbers on ID plates with the nice stamps. I need one done for my 15.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Wednesday, May 10, 2017 - 10:22 am:

Usually original reeds can be tweaked to work well, but you have to be ultra careful because if you go a smidgen too far the reed is ruined.

Yes, I can stamp your plate. Send it in with your return address, the number you want stamped, and $15, and I'll get it right back to you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Wednesday, May 10, 2017 - 12:25 pm:

That bracket is a good item. I believe Randall Anderson is making the correct one, but the repros that have been around for years ARE NOT CORRECT.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randy Morse on Wednesday, May 10, 2017 - 12:46 pm:

Yes Steve I will take the horn, what is the shipping to 99008 and your address? Randy 509-714-3213 or509-236-2393

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Braverman on Friday, May 12, 2017 - 01:13 pm:

All sold pending payment.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration