Wanted: 1910/11 Touring

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Wanted: 1910/11 Touring
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Sunday, May 07, 2017 - 09:51 pm:

I'm interested in an unrestored or old restoration 1910 or 1911 Model T Touring with original engine, original interior and brass. I'm not looking for a fully restored car (too expensive) but a car with patina that is a preservation candidate. Call my cell if you have one that you haven't run in a while or if you know of an older gent who does. 586-651-5760

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Monday, May 08, 2017 - 08:44 am:

Ahhh, casting a wider net I see, eh? Hang in there Bill!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Wednesday, May 10, 2017 - 05:44 am:

bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Wednesday, May 10, 2017 - 10:25 pm:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1911-Ford-Model-T-Model-T-/272666435113?hash=item3f7c2f9 e29:g:-ZAAAOSwIQdZEPBh&vxp=mtr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Thursday, May 11, 2017 - 08:15 am:

That car is the Blue Oval Ranch vehicle discussed previously. Although a nice looking car, it has a 1913 engine, later rear axle and does not have it's original interior. I really want a car with it's original engine and interior.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Thursday, May 11, 2017 - 12:10 pm:

Plus, on his craigslist site he wants 29.9K for a car that doesn't have the correct engine/rear axle.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Lawrence on Thursday, May 11, 2017 - 11:49 pm:

I saw an unrestored 1910 on the hcca.org ads. Looked pretty complete. No price listed. Good luck.

David

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, May 12, 2017 - 08:43 am:

Yeh, that poor ol' 10's been for sale there for at least two years, and I've heard for maybe 4 years too. Started out wanting $43K for it, now he's "taking offers" 'cause it's so market stale, and frankly, just so beat up. That car's in such bad shape there's no way you can drive it as is, so now you have a dilemma..keep it "unmolested" in deplorable condition and just look at it, or give it a full bore resto. Either way, you lose.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Friday, May 12, 2017 - 01:42 pm:

And the guy in California with the '10 says his rock bottom selling price is 40K!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, May 12, 2017 - 03:05 pm:

Oh really! That's the one I'm referencing above, isn't it? If it is, he'll sit on it another four years!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Friday, May 12, 2017 - 04:09 pm:

Yes, that's the one Tim. I don't think he's really that serious about selling the car; it's been on the market for at least five years now and I think he's just fishing to see if anyone bites.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Saturday, May 13, 2017 - 02:02 am:

Bill, you could take a holiday and come over to look at an original still on the road 1910 touring in Australia, firm price of $50K-AU, that's about $37K- US.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Tuesday, May 16, 2017 - 06:56 pm:

Tim, that 1910 is not in deplorable condition or in sad shape. It is an original 1910 including the top. It has a 1915 could box, but I believe he has the original box & coils also. Yes it needs clean up and more, but how many 1910 original Ts are around? I own a 1910 Touring. I have viewed quite a few original 1910s over the years and they are hard to find for sale. It is easy to be a critic of a particular Mode T from a photo. One would have to examine this 10 close up. A 1910 open value engine, complete will probably bring 15-18 thousand. People asking 2-3 thousand for the drive shaft and more for the rear end. The brass is worth a thousand or more. Try putting one together from parts for 35 thousand. The rest would be costly also.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration