What's your "Holy Grail" item in the T hobby ?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: What's your "Holy Grail" item in the T hobby ?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine on Monday, May 08, 2017 - 10:22 am:

You see guys at swap meets looking for parts they're unlikely to ever find; their personal "Holy Grail"...things like a NOS Fisk Red Top tyre.

Some of us seem to have more than one Holy Grail such as Stan Howe, see:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/506218/592877.html?1449726221

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/708324/745415.html?1492298513

What's your Model T Holy Grail item?

(Message edited by m2m on May 08, 2017)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Monday, May 08, 2017 - 10:25 am:

21" lock-ring Buffalo wheels

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Monday, May 08, 2017 - 10:52 am:

Original WW 1 Ambulance that actually saw service in France.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Blanchard on Monday, May 08, 2017 - 11:04 am:

Original aftermarket front brakes....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, May 08, 2017 - 11:13 am:

I'm with Robert - original accessory front brakes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine on Monday, May 08, 2017 - 11:57 am:

Tom, I'll swap you two original WW 1 Ambulances for one Sandmobile.

Second Holy Grail would be a Mohawk aux. tranny. I know little about them or even if they're any good but to be able to say:

"My T has a Mohawk"

would be worth the $ needed to buy and restore one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James G Fisher III Peachtree City, GA on Monday, May 08, 2017 - 12:53 pm:

I want a T Truck with Hercules cab and a Huckster type bed ( for my wifes friends ). I want to build most of it myself and pass along my 1970 F100 to someone who will love it, it goes to fast for me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Innes on Monday, May 08, 2017 - 01:14 pm:

Without question;

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/708324/740341.jpg

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/708324/740342.jpg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brooks Schlieben on Monday, May 08, 2017 - 01:33 pm:

A brass era T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Monday, May 08, 2017 - 01:33 pm:

YOU WIN JACK!!!!!!111

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Monday, May 08, 2017 - 02:14 pm:

Holy cow Jack! I'm with Tom! But I also have to agree with Brooks. Love those brass T's. Did have three..I used to call them my "Three Brassalleros", but now I'm down to two.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve in S.C. on Monday, May 08, 2017 - 02:15 pm:

1926-27 two door sedan body with doors.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Monday, May 08, 2017 - 02:54 pm:

I'm with Robert and Mark.

I've seen pictures of the McNearny and Big Four brakes for the front but never had a chance to buy them.

I copied the design from some of both and made a set for the front of my Torpedo to go with the Bennetts on the rear. I really like them wish I could find some originals.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Monday, May 08, 2017 - 03:00 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Monday, May 08, 2017 - 03:30 pm:

Oh Ed, That's a good one, the elusive V8 made from T components by an LA Ford dealer.
I think they only made a few until Henry found out about it and told them to stop, or else! Did he also tell them to scrap them all too? Isn't there one or two left somewhere?

Just wondering,

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Monday, May 08, 2017 - 03:52 pm:

That V8's pretty cool! I still would like to slap a little 3 cyl. Yanmar Diesel like I have in my tractor to a T transmission and stick it in a model T!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Monday, May 08, 2017 - 04:52 pm:

Tim, That's blasphemy!!!! Only Model T engines in a Model T. Anything else is a mortal sin. :-(

Just kidding, of course... :-)

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Tuesday, May 09, 2017 - 03:40 am:

I've found mine!

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Tuesday, May 09, 2017 - 05:08 am:

An un-restored brass Era T that isn't black.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Blanchard on Tuesday, May 09, 2017 - 07:28 am:

Gene, would love to see your front brakes!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, May 09, 2017 - 08:11 am:

Mea Culpa Keith! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Whelihan Danbury, WI on Tuesday, May 09, 2017 - 09:14 am:

Improved Car Tudor and Touring rear fenders (in good shape!).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr., Riverview, FL on Tuesday, May 09, 2017 - 09:48 am:

Good morning, Keith. Snyders has a Model T V-8 engine in their showroom. If I remember right theirs is equipped with buzz coils.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Tuesday, May 09, 2017 - 10:21 am:

New old stock parts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Tuesday, May 09, 2017 - 11:33 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Tuesday, May 09, 2017 - 11:47 am:

Robert and Ed, Thank you for posting the information and picture of the Model T V8 engine that Snyder's has. I'm definitely going to have to stop there to see it. It looks like it's set up to run, too. Seeing it run would really be a treat!!!

Thanks again to Robert and Ed for this information and picture. :-)

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr., Riverview, FL on Tuesday, May 09, 2017 - 12:05 pm:

Ed, when I saw the Snyder engine in '09 it wasn't set up to run. Glad to see that it is now. Sure would be a treat to hear it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Niedzielski on Tuesday, May 09, 2017 - 04:31 pm:

What speaks to me is a "Single Stick" Frontenac Overhead Valve Conversion Head . Having that Fronty Single Cam head powering a Mercury Bodied Speedster would be so trick ! - so Part I and Part II in play here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john f stephens-marcle on Tuesday, May 09, 2017 - 05:19 pm:

Mine would be a '15 Center Door sedan with the CORRECT interior,....and a stack of Benjamins to pay for it

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Tuesday, May 09, 2017 - 05:32 pm:

Ed, I like the way you think, except the Mercury body is far too classy for me, I'd take a Morton & Brett instead. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brandon Butler on Tuesday, May 09, 2017 - 06:59 pm:

I would really like to find a Model T Landaulet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard E Moore Jr. Pickwick lake Tenn. on Tuesday, May 09, 2017 - 08:46 pm:

My 1911 open runabout and the woman who rides in it with me. Also the movie star who owned it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Watson -Florence,Colorado on Tuesday, May 09, 2017 - 11:51 pm:

1909 Model T Coupe or 1909 Towncar either one I'm not that fussy
-Don

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warwick Landy Traralgon Australia on Wednesday, May 10, 2017 - 04:08 am:

I want a 1916 Coupelet. Anyone got one?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Wednesday, May 10, 2017 - 10:53 am:

Space for more.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Clary on Wednesday, May 10, 2017 - 03:52 pm:

Found the Mercury, would love an original Morton& Brett or speedway body. Steel not fiberglass.

Andy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David L Corman on Wednesday, May 10, 2017 - 05:32 pm:

Don, there is a 09 coupe in Hernando, FL that will be on the market soon I think.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Wednesday, May 10, 2017 - 06:40 pm:

Apparently an unrestored, original interior and engine 1911 Touring!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Wednesday, May 10, 2017 - 06:42 pm:

Jerry, My motto is "it's hard to build a garage that's tooooo big!" :-)

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Messersmith on Wednesday, May 10, 2017 - 06:42 pm:

Very early Ford tools.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux Grayling Michigan on Wednesday, May 10, 2017 - 09:33 pm:

An original Sprague or similar steering gear.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Magee on Thursday, May 11, 2017 - 12:47 am:

One of these:

do rajo

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles Weisgerber- Vancouver WA. on Thursday, May 11, 2017 - 01:36 am:

I'm easy, a pair of mint NOS 23-25 exterior door handles.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth in Alabama on Thursday, May 11, 2017 - 06:04 am:

I really like Ed's V8. I was gonna say an original Ross/Sprague steering box for my speedster, but if I had one I'd trade it in a heartbeat for that V8.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chadwick Azevedo on Thursday, May 11, 2017 - 08:43 am:

Can we get 2 of Ed's V8 with each with 2 of Tom's Heads as a double stuffed into Jack's toy?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Thursday, May 11, 2017 - 10:59 am:

Keith G.,

Similar to my motto, "Junk will always expand to fill the space it occupies". I think that's one of the laws of physics, and I always obey the law.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Thursday, May 11, 2017 - 11:08 am:

Model T serial # 1.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Taylor Andre on Thursday, May 11, 2017 - 11:14 am:

No question; 1909 Towncar

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Thursday, May 11, 2017 - 11:21 am:

For Ed, Seth and Chadwick, I really like that V8 engine also, but wonder how long it would last considering it has the stock T early diamond throw crankshaft. Those of us in the two piece crankshaft club sometimes get concerned about things like this.

Jerry, Do you have junk? :-)

Dave, I'd like Model T #1 also, but if I had it, I'd be afraid to drive it. A car like that should be in a super secure museum, etc.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Thursday, May 11, 2017 - 11:46 am:

A holy grail is something that is legendary but no one has actually seen. So along those lines I want one of Ford's prototype "improved" 1927 TT trucks. There are pictures, but none are known to exist.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Sullivan, Powell WY on Thursday, May 11, 2017 - 12:12 pm:

My holy grail item: A running Model T Ford sitting in my garage. I have the non-running trailer baby version. I have heard the running version exists, but have not seen yet in person.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tim moore, "Island City" MI on Thursday, May 11, 2017 - 01:37 pm:

Not my garage but my basement;

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Smith on Thursday, May 11, 2017 - 08:52 pm:

Erik, so do you have the pictures of the tt? I am a tt weirdo and am told a livingood under a tt was done, but have yet to see a picture back in the day. A Sr setup. Not quite the awesome grail motors you guys are showing but maybe a myth for the 4x4 tt. fun thread!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Smith on Thursday, May 11, 2017 - 08:55 pm:

Erik, I meant just the 27 improved, not my holy grail 4x4. TS

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Thursday, May 11, 2017 - 11:47 pm:

Livingood made 4X4 conversions for TT trucks. The trucks I was referring to were made by Ford with 26-27 parts. They are pictured in the book "70 years of Ford" by George Damman. Not sure of the spelling on that one. I also have seen a picture of a TT with 27 fenders and closed cab with 27 coupe doors that was wrecked. An old photo, not something that someone made up.
I always wondered how Livingood made the TT conversion work with different gearing between front and rear ends. Must have been quite the transfer case engineering.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chadwick Azevedo on Thursday, May 11, 2017 - 11:49 pm:

Tim I supose I could put a question out to his Grandson, a snowbird down here has him as his neighbor back home.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Smith on Friday, May 12, 2017 - 05:58 am:

I did talk to Jessie Jr when I did mine but did not get a straight answer on the TT version. He implied it was done but he would not consider doing one when I asked about it a few years back. Though hard to understand at the time, I had a great conversation with him and chose not to press it. It is one of those stories where I believe it was done by sr but I have yet to stumble across a picture from that time.

Erik, I will try to check out the 70 yrs of ford. Thanks for the info. TS

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Douglas Ogden on Friday, May 12, 2017 - 06:11 pm:

Geo. Green Engineering flat head. Wouldn't mind one of his front plates either.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Sullivan, Powell WY on Friday, May 12, 2017 - 07:06 pm:

I would like to find an original deep sump for a 3 dip pan (thanks to Royce P for the photo)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Friday, May 12, 2017 - 09:51 pm:

I would like to have a TT but I need to build onto my garage again this summer before anything new comes home. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Saturday, May 13, 2017 - 11:10 pm:

Holy Grails? Sorry, no individual parts for me.
A complete Livingood conversion or 3.
A 6 cylinder T. The V-8? Whoa...
OT (Piece de resistance)... And the Number 1. An N that's unmolested (read not restored) and running or almost... Always a decade (century) or so late plus I missed one.
Plow share fenders and step plates is where I was supposed to be.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Saturday, May 13, 2017 - 11:46 pm:

I do need a cast spark plug socket and bar for my 1912 toolkit.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Sunday, May 14, 2017 - 12:57 am:

That Kingston 6 ball wasn't anybody's Holy Grail after all. I never got so much as an offer of any kind. NO interest. Part of the reason I bought it and paid so much for it was I thought it would be a good first piece to sell out of my collection. I'm going to be selling my accessory and rare carburetor collection over the summer and this fall. I need money worse than I need bragging rights about having a big collection of Model T carburetors. Holy Grail!!! HUH!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Sunday, May 14, 2017 - 08:53 am:

Cheer up, Stan! After all, it's only money, and it's Sunday, and the Sun is shining, and we're above the grass!!! :-O

Best wishes,

Your friend, Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Sunday, May 14, 2017 - 09:33 am:

Above ground makes it a beautiful day. Tim

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration