Re-babbitted mainbearing caps for sale/no exchange

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Re-babbitted mainbearing caps for sale/no exchange
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gene french on Monday, May 08, 2017 - 06:18 pm:

re-babbitted Model T Ford mainbearing caps, laminated shim set and small quantity of Timesaver lapping compound ...available in standard , -.010" , -.020" and -.030" diameters ( I can bore non-standard sizes also ) ...caps are bored with .015 thick laminated shims in place ...price $115 for set of 3 caps + $7.15 flat rate postage in lower 48 states ...actual postage outside this area or INTERNATIONAL ...caps are sold outright and no exchange is needed saving postage 1 way...gene French 970-581-2808 230 Rochester dr. Windsor,co. 80550

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gene french on Monday, May 15, 2017 - 11:40 am:

I have sent 2 sets and a single rear main cap out ...I have many more sets available ...while this is not the same as a full re-babbitt of the mainbeaings often the mains can be returned to a serviceable condition and thrust clearances restored by replacing the caps and correctly lapping to restore clearances ...always an optimist...Gene French 970-581-2808

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Hoshield; Oak Park MI on Monday, May 15, 2017 - 12:08 pm:

Will this be a continual offering, or a one shot deal? I may be interested, depending on status of my block

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gene french on Tuesday, May 16, 2017 - 12:15 am:

Dennis:
I expect that I will be offering these well into the future ...I have 8 sets currently re-babbitted ...3 sets are bored to -.010 , -.020 and -.030 ...I have a dedicated fixture for the machining process as well as the linebore units that I manufacture ...always an optimist ...Gene French 970-581-2808

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Hoshield; Oak Park MI on Tuesday, May 16, 2017 - 12:32 pm:

Very good.. good to hear!
I'll be back in touch when I get that far on my rebuild. It depends on the results of the block test....

Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gene french on Wednesday, June 07, 2017 - 02:19 pm:

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration