Re-babbitted mainbearing caps for sale/no exchange

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Re-babbitted mainbearing caps for sale/no exchange
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gene french on Monday, May 08, 2017 - 06:18 pm:

re-babbitted Model T Ford mainbearing caps, laminated shim set and small quantity of Timesaver lapping compound ...available in standard , -.010" , -.020" and -.030" diameters ( I can bore non-standard sizes also ) ...caps are bored with .015 thick laminated shims in place ...price $115 for set of 3 caps + $7.15 flat rate postage in lower 48 states ...actual postage outside this area or INTERNATIONAL ...caps are sold outright and no exchange is needed saving postage 1 way...gene French 970-581-2808 230 Rochester dr. Windsor,co. 80550

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gene french on Monday, May 15, 2017 - 11:40 am:

I have sent 2 sets and a single rear main cap out ...I have many more sets available ...while this is not the same as a full re-babbitt of the mainbeaings often the mains can be returned to a serviceable condition and thrust clearances restored by replacing the caps and correctly lapping to restore clearances ...always an optimist...Gene French 970-581-2808

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Hoshield; Oak Park MI on Monday, May 15, 2017 - 12:08 pm:

Will this be a continual offering, or a one shot deal? I may be interested, depending on status of my block

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gene french on Tuesday, May 16, 2017 - 12:15 am:

Dennis:
I expect that I will be offering these well into the future ...I have 8 sets currently re-babbitted ...3 sets are bored to -.010 , -.020 and -.030 ...I have a dedicated fixture for the machining process as well as the linebore units that I manufacture ...always an optimist ...Gene French 970-581-2808

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Hoshield; Oak Park MI on Tuesday, May 16, 2017 - 12:32 pm:

Very good.. good to hear!
I'll be back in touch when I get that far on my rebuild. It depends on the results of the block test....

Thanks!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration