For Sale 1921 Ford Coupe

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: For Sale 1921 Ford Coupe
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Archer Hayward, CA. on Tuesday, May 09, 2017 - 03:13 am:

Helping an old friend who unfortunately has severe dementia, liquidate most of his Model T Fords and parts. To start with, I’m sure you’ll find this hard to believe but this 1921 coupe that we are selling has well over $40,000.00 into the restoration. He got sick before it was completed, and to top it all off the restoration shop that was doing all the work folded, filing bankruptcy. So here we are with a jigsaw puzzle, not necessarily the whole model T, as pretty much anyone can put a model T together, but identifying and putting all the components/parts back on the finished body, glass, interior trim pieces etc.. Lots of nice work has been done to this car. All body work and paint that has been completed is excellent, and includes the body, turtle deck, fenders, aprons, radiator shell, hood sills, head lights and firewall, new Rootleib hood and running boards in primer, Engine, transmission and Ruckstell rear end has been rebuilt but there’s still a few things needing paint finish work. No upholstery work or top has been done, and of course “Some assembly required” Accessory’s include the Ruckstell, small drum outside brakes, Hassler shocks, original correct era front and rear bumpers, and Ricardo cylinder head. The owner chose the colors, they're era colors but incorrect for a Ford. Also one of the pictures shows a corner moulding on the body that needs to be re attached. I’ll be glad to answer any questions that I can. Since the owner has dementia I can’t get many answers from him. $7,200.00. This is a must sell so don’t hesitate to make an offer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Tuesday, May 09, 2017 - 12:00 pm:

Ed, Some potential buyers might like to know if has a correct title with matching engine number on it.
Just trying to help.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Archer Hayward, CA. on Tuesday, May 09, 2017 - 12:16 pm:

Thanks Keith, I'll try and find out and post it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Husted on Tuesday, May 09, 2017 - 08:23 pm:

What is going to be used for wheels?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wightman on Wednesday, May 10, 2017 - 04:55 am:

Why are the interesting projects so far away??? Dave in Florida

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David L Corman on Wednesday, May 10, 2017 - 02:14 pm:

Ed, Doesn't it have Demountable wire wheels? What a very nice car to finish. I wish it was a little closer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matthew Atchinson on Wednesday, May 10, 2017 - 05:29 pm:

I know it's unrelated to the actual sale, but WHAT kind of head is that on the block!? Looks interesting! Some sort of high compression?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Wednesday, May 10, 2017 - 06:40 pm:

It looks like a Waukesha Ricardo to me. I had one of them years ago.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Archer Hayward, CA. on Wednesday, May 10, 2017 - 06:41 pm:

Sorry guys I should have said that the wire wheels were sold separately several months ago. And if you'll note, they were not listed in the list of accessory's. It comes with a restored, painted black set of 30 X 3 1/2 demountable wood spoke wheels. Mathew, the head is a Ricardo, a little different combustion chamber and a little higher compression. And in answer to Keith's suggestion, no the engine number doesn't match the number on the title, typical with Model Ts.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration