Going to scrap

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Going to scrap
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, May 09, 2017 - 10:33 am:

A local guy has seven Model T rear axles he intends to scrap this weekend. Four still have DS housings attached. There are a couple of closed spools. The catch is he wants $100 for his time in fetching them from the weeds. I'm too cheap to gamble that much on what may be inside, but maybe somebody else around here would be interested. If so, call Tom at (620) 441-3965.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chadwick Azevedo on Tuesday, May 09, 2017 - 11:07 am:

Too bad shipping would be brutal

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RICHARD GRZEGOROWICZ on Tuesday, May 09, 2017 - 11:42 am:

Steve, are they close enough so you can eye ball them ? what if one is a two speed no matter, what a shame to let them die that way.or if one is a rivet housing,I wont sleep now till i can forget. good thing I'm old and memory going fast,

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Everett on Tuesday, May 09, 2017 - 12:06 pm:

Steve, I think I'm interested. Before calling Tom , please let me (us!) know if you've ever seen these.

Lastly, the $100.00 you mention; is this for all seven axles, or just a fee for retrieving them from the weeds?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, May 09, 2017 - 12:23 pm:

Yes I went and looked this morning. All are stock, no two speed. As I mentioned, two have closed spools, two open. No 26-27, no riveted housings. The $100 takes all seven plus a rim & felloe. The felloe may be usable. The rim is too far gone. No way to know if any of the axle guts are usable, though some of the oil plugs are still in place.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Loso St Joseph, MN on Tuesday, May 09, 2017 - 01:44 pm:

That is steal.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Tuesday, May 09, 2017 - 01:46 pm:

Agreed - especially if the "closed spool" torque tubes are the "early" ones - easy to differentiate from the later ones !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john f stephens-marcle on Tuesday, May 09, 2017 - 04:40 pm:

Steve, if no one else wants them, maybe Model T Haven would take them....hate to see them go to scrap....Good for you for trying to save them!!! I'd be interested, but WAY to far from me

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Tuesday, May 09, 2017 - 08:47 pm:

Dang Steve, that's less than $15.00 apiece! That sounds like a screaming deal to me. Wish I was closer too. Dave

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration