Wanted - One or a Pair of Unworn Original Ford (not reproduction) Rear Shackles

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Wanted - One or a Pair of Unworn Original Ford (not reproduction) Rear Shackles
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, May 12, 2017 - 10:27 am:

My stash only has one unworn rear shackle, so I need one more for Betsy that measures a full 9/16 inch diameter on both arms.

I could buy reproduction, but they have a note that describes them as "for show cars", which makes me wonder about their durability over the long term.

Please PM me or reply here if you have one original unworn rear shackle that you would be willing to part with, thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Friday, May 12, 2017 - 11:59 am:

The Model A Ford rear shackles fit if a spacer bar is used. I have some of those spacer bars stashed away. I would have to hunt them up. Royce Peterson Sr sold them and I bought the bars from him when he moved to Dallas.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, May 12, 2017 - 12:37 pm:

Thanks Darel, I'll keep you in mind if I can't find a good original. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Friday, May 12, 2017 - 01:18 pm:

I may have a good usedModel T one. I would have to look.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, May 12, 2017 - 01:20 pm:

Thanks Darel, but I just got an NOS one from Bob Bergstadt, thanks Bob and MTFCA!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Saturday, May 13, 2017 - 06:17 am:

Mark, I think the note about 'show quality'is made to differentiate between the three piece, riveted style, cheap, junky ones and others made properly. They actually look correct.

I could be wrong.
Allan from down under.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration