WWI Model T era ammo box for patrol car

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: WWI Model T era ammo box for patrol car
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Justin H. - Western PA on Saturday, May 13, 2017 - 12:00 pm:

I bought a WWI era ammo box thinking that I could use it on the side of my TT bed but it just isn't going to work out so I'm selling it. The box has original olive drab paint and a nice box joint on the edges. The leather handle is there but torn apart on the rear where the stitching ends. If anyone is building a T patrol vehicle or ambulance this would look good on it. I'll ship it in a large flat rate box. $80.00 shipped in the US. PM me if you are interested.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Sunday, May 14, 2017 - 02:17 pm:

Great find. These were used for the Browning .30 cal. water cooled or air cooled machine gun up to and into WWII. The slits in the end of the case were to slide the box onto a bracket of the tripod mount and not tray or carrier was needed to hold the box in place.
The earlier boxes for the Maxim and Vickers and Colt Vickers are more WWI correct, but the craftsmanship in something made for the military in such numbers and were discarded after use always amazes me.

PM sent on this one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Sunday, May 14, 2017 - 07:27 pm:

Cool piece. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Monday, May 15, 2017 - 10:18 am:

Still available, if interested. My PM was for informational purposes only. Don't want a possible sale to not occur because of my post.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration