Wanted: Rajo BBR head casting

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Wanted: Rajo BBR head casting
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Bennett on Monday, May 15, 2017 - 02:07 pm:

I'm looking for a bare casting, not a complete cyl. head. I understand there was one for sale at Bakersfield that had odd shaped combustion chambers. Does this sound familiar to anyone? Help would be appreciated!! Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Monday, May 15, 2017 - 03:59 pm:

Bill needs to contact the Sherman brothers. Anyone have a telephone number handy. I'm sure he would appreciate it. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robin Pharis on Monday, May 15, 2017 - 05:28 pm:

Buy Mark's head,you will be much happier, that head is highly modified,combustion chambers have been filled,no spark plug holes left,did not see a good spot left to drill new ones

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Bennett on Monday, May 15, 2017 - 06:08 pm:

Thanks for the thoughts Robin, I spoke with Mark for quite a while the other day. He is the one that told me about the head at the Bakersfield swap meet. I don't want to say too much here, but I'm really looking for an original head casting for a special project. If anyone is looking for a complete Rajo package, Mark's products are the greatest deal going. What I'm working on is something completely different. Again, thanks for the suggestion!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Monday, May 15, 2017 - 07:05 pm:

Thanks for the plug Bill. Hopefully somebody will pop up with a phone number for contacting the Sherman brothers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan McEachern on Monday, May 15, 2017 - 08:00 pm:

Bill- send me a PM and I'll give you Jerrys contact info. Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John McGinnis in San Jose area, CA. on Monday, May 15, 2017 - 08:27 pm:

Is this the head you are interested in?Rajo BB

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Bennett on Monday, May 15, 2017 - 08:55 pm:

Thanks everybody, seems we're getting closer. John, I believe that's the head. I didn't actually see it at Bakersfield, Mark Chaffin told me about it a few days ago. Dan, I didn't receive your PM yet. I'll check again tomorrow morning. Again, THANKS everyone for all the help so far.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry King on Monday, May 15, 2017 - 09:16 pm:

I'm pretty sure the pictured head is still available. I emailed Jerry Sherman with the message. I didn't want to give out his phone number without telling him. He should respond shortly.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Bennett on Tuesday, May 16, 2017 - 10:44 am:

Thanks Jerry and all that are helping with this project. I'm hoping this all works out! I'll keep you all posted and eventually I'll be able to divulge the complete story :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Sherman on Tuesday, May 16, 2017 - 11:23 am:

Hi Bill, heads are still available. I sent you an email. I've got a few Rajos. I also have the pistons for the odd shaped combustion chamber as well as a head that has never been drilled or machined. Jerry.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration