Tall radiator for sale

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Tall radiator for sale
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth LeBlanc on Monday, May 15, 2017 - 06:46 pm:

I have a tall radiator for sale comes with a receipt from radiator shop tested to 5 psi and flow is good please note this is the light duty radiator that Ford tried for a short time I replaced it for more cooling in my touring a little light for hard applications this is a light duty radiator that may work for your application depending on your needs $200 plus shipping will text pictures on request

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john f stephens-marcle on Monday, May 15, 2017 - 10:20 pm:

Can't use it for touring in N.C., but it is an interesting piece of history I was unaware of, so thank you for that. Also a very honest description, and I think a very fair price.....Good luck with your sale

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth LeBlanc on Tuesday, May 16, 2017 - 07:53 pm:

#

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth LeBlanc on Monday, May 29, 2017 - 09:19 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Monday, May 29, 2017 - 12:44 pm:

John, Kenneth is referring to the two row core radiator that Ford experimented with around 1926. Because of its thinner core, the fan pulley, mounted on the water outlet, had to be extended about an inch. This is why you see both types. I think only certain Ford assembly plants, mainly in cooler climates used these. I had an original 1926 fordor sold in the San Francisco area that had a two row. If all assembly plants had used them even for a month or two, they would show up in larger numbers. If I remember correctly the two row cores were flat tube, but I can't remember that well to be sure. Ford saw that the two row was a mistake and returned to three row to finish out T production.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration