Wanted horn/light switch

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Wanted horn/light switch
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stephen D Heatherly on Monday, May 15, 2017 - 09:58 pm:

Does anybody have a good combination headlamp / horn switch?

Thanks,
Stephen

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Monday, May 15, 2017 - 11:53 pm:

I'm the guy who helped u with a generator armature. I'm not sure what you are asking for. All my Ts are from 20 plus so I only know about the horn button on the steering column and the headlight switch on the dash.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stephen D Heatherly on Tuesday, May 16, 2017 - 04:15 pm:

Hal, non-starter cars made between 1918 and 25 have magneto powered headlights and horns. The cars made between 1918 and 22 have a switch that operates both the horn and the lights on the steering column. By rotating the switch you can turn the lights between bright, dim and off. I have a 26 coupe and want to add blinkers to the car but, I don't want the control lever on the side of the steering column. It looks too modern. Instead I was wanting to use one of the combination horn/ headlight switches to work the blinkers as well as the horn. The dim position could be used for example the left turn and the bright position could be used for right turns. Thanks again for the armature. My generator is still working great after a few thousand miles.

Stephen

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Tuesday, May 16, 2017 - 04:20 pm:

Call Larry Smith, Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Tuesday, May 16, 2017 - 06:00 pm:

Thanks for clueing me in. I don't know the nongenerator cars very well.

How are you doing? We need a bunch more folks like you in this hobby!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sam Mendenhall on Wednesday, May 17, 2017 - 06:32 pm:

Steve I sent you a PM

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Blanchard on Thursday, May 18, 2017 - 09:02 am:

Stephen... I'm doing the same thing :-) just haven't got around to it...

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration