FOR SALE: NH CARBURETORS

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: FOR SALE: NH CARBURETORS
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Tuesday, May 16, 2017 - 01:34 am:

Please, No more orders for carbs, I am 4 orders behind now and don't know when I will have time to assemble more.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Thursday, May 25, 2017 - 03:21 am:

Please again no more orders for carbs, I am still behind.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bryan Grube on Thursday, May 25, 2017 - 07:27 am:

What models of carbs are people asking for? I have a number of restored ones ready to go. These were rebuilt by Bill Savitz of B&B auto. I was planning on saving them to sell at Hershey, but if people have a need now I will sell them now. People can email me at oliverguy1975@yahoo.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Thursday, May 25, 2017 - 09:19 am:

Bryan, they are asking for NH Carbs and some even sending money without even asking if I have any ready to go. You would be helping a lot of people if you would put an ad in the Classified section. By the way I do not sell what I consider rebuilt carbs, only complete carbs that will still need the passage ways plugs drilled out. I also do not change the spray needle seats or the float needle seats. I don't even change those two seats in my own. All I do is make sure that the carb that I send out are complete. There is no way I could sell a rebuilt Carb for the prices I ask nor do I have the Time. I constantly have someone's T in the shop helping them getting them running so time is important. I guess I just will have to learn to say NO. It seems like I never get time to work on my own, and they need it. I built three of them 40 year ago so they do need help.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Thursday, May 25, 2017 - 09:59 am:

Bryan, they are asking for NH Carbs and some even sending money without even asking if I have any ready to go. You would be helping a lot of people if you would put an ad in the Classified section. By the way I do not sell what I consider rebuilt carbs, only complete carbs that will still need the passage ways plugs drilled out. I also do not change the spray needle seats or the float needle seats. I don't even change those two seats in my own. All I do is make sure that the carb that I send out are complete. There is no way I could sell a rebuilt Carb for the prices I ask nor do I have the Time. I constantly have someone's T in the shop helping them getting them running so time is important. I guess I just will have to learn to say NO. It seems like I never get time to work on my own, and they need it. I built three of them 40 year ago so they do need help.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bryan Grube on Thursday, May 25, 2017 - 06:35 pm:

Dave, because of Bill Savitz's health he is no longer doing model t carbs. I purchased his stock and parts. All the parts in them are new. He bead blasted the castings, cleaned the passages out and then installed everything internally reproduction. I am selling them at Bill's price point until they are gone. One man has emailed me so I will see that he gets one. They are very nicely done.

There are enough good used parts that I likely will be starting to rebuild some for sale this winter that are made up of either new parts or good used parts for those on a budget. At that time I'll put an ad on the classified section. I need some time to get started and build up some stock. I have young kids so I can only work on them after they go to bed, and your right, I also have some cars to fix. I don't want to take orders, only sell them when I have them done. I've decided I need a sideline so I have some $ to repair my antique cars. I have an all original 23 roadster pickup, a model A, and a CJ2a Jeep. It takes $ to keep them going....

Bryan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Friday, May 26, 2017 - 07:33 am:

Bryan, your right, it also takes a lot of time. I really enjoy having Walk Ins. I have at least one and sometime a lot more every day. This takes a lot of time. Don't get me wrong I enjoy having them come. They want to see all the original shop equipment and tools and look over rows and rows of parts. I also almost always have some ones T or at least parts to work on so again that takes a lot of time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bryan Grube on Friday, May 26, 2017 - 09:14 am:

I should have looked at what I had rebuilt out of what Bill sold me. I do not have any NH carbs rebuilt. I have 2 Holley G's. one for electric start and one set up for a non starter car. $260 outright. If you have a core I'm willing to talk about buying it from you.
I also have two Kingston L4's $160 outright.

I know the NH's are supposed to be "better", but these carbs would get your 1920's ford down the road.

I apologize, I should have looked at what I had before I shot my mouth off and posted.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Saturday, May 27, 2017 - 11:10 am:

I hope somebody steps up and sets up to do quality rebuilds of NH's. Bead blasted, powder coated, new parts, the whole deal. There is plenty of business out there.

I'm in the shop today and probably all weekend except for Monday for a couple hours. I bought a little Ford Ranger pickup for a friend of Sandi's daughter and we are going to deliver it to her Monday evening along with a new lawn mower and a few other things if all goes according to plan. She has a job but it is light here until 10:30 at night in the summer so she has plenty of time to mow lawns after work to make some money for Senior year.

She has been playing one of the school guitars since she doesn't have a guitar, last weekend at graduation I gave her a Greg Bennett Jazz King guitar, an acoustic amp and enough sound equipment that she can go work some little dude ranch shows and campground song circle things but she needs some way to get there and a way to haul her gear. My girl is a hellacious fiddle player, guitar player, keyboard and whatever player (Montana state Jr Champion fiddler twice)so they are going to book some weddings, ranch parties, etc. over the summer. In Montana, kids work. But you gotta have a way to get there and haul your sound equipment.

She needs some time Monday more than the carb shop does. She is 17, coming up a Senior, needs a dependable vehicle. This is Montana. The closest shopping or entertainment is many times 50-150 miles away from where they live. My girl has a Pontiac Grand Am, this is a 1995 Ranger for Raeann.

Dave, I'm with you. I like having people come but what it amounts to is that after the tour and the visit or the hour long phone call I still have work to do. They continue on their vacation or head home to see if the wife has supper fixed. I go to McDonalds and back to the shop to try to get done what I should have got done that day.

I was going to take a day off over this weekend and go pick up a Willys pickup I bought a couple hundred miles away but got one of those phone calls Thursday -- that you have probably had, too -- so I'm going to the shop to get a guy his OF in the mail today. I told him it would be AT LEAST 60 days, it was 87 days Thursday. You know the rest of the story.

This is a lot of thread drift on a post about carburetors ...... the connection is that the carburetor business is what paid for the Ranger. (The music career paid for the guitar and the Cadillac behind it)

There is some business out there. I do very few Model T carbs anymore, the oddball brass carb business is so insane I can't keep up, there is so much more to those and they are far more time consuming than T carbs and can drive me crazy trying to get them done and running correctly but they are interesting.

At this point I am so far behind and have so much other business going on that I am promising October or later for rebuild work on Brass carbs.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration