FS Fatman Steering Wheel

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: FS Fatman Steering Wheel
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Sullivan, Powell WY on Wednesday, May 17, 2017 - 10:26 am:

FS Fatman steering wheel. No mfg marks that I can see. Powder coated cast spider. Very nice oak rim and 4 new brass screws. $285 including shipping. Paypal via send $$ to family and friends is a payment option also

One end of the spider has been braised, and either was not done right or got whacked and has started to fail. Nothing is wrong with the other 3 ends, so even if it failed all the way, which it has not, I think there is enough strength there to be OK. You could sand off the coating, repair and repaint if you wish.

The mechanism relies on a big wing nut to secure. Not as pretty as others, but it works. Photo shows how it swings, attached to the top of a model T shaft. I do not think this was made exclusively for Fords, and probably was targeted at trucks. It would work just fine in a car.

(Message edited by BRIANWYO on May 17, 2017)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Sullivan, Powell WY on Friday, May 19, 2017 - 10:07 am:

PM offers

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration