Early Edison Standard for sale

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Early Edison Standard for sale
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stephen D Heatherly on Monday, June 05, 2017 - 09:02 pm:

Ordinarily I would not post this here but, because I know many of you collect phonographs and because phonographs fall under the hobby category I thought it may be acceptable. If not please remove the thread and I'll put the machine up for sale elsewhere. I have an early edison standard that I would like sell. It is the 2 clip standard model A that was made between 1898 and 1899. It's also know as a suitcase standard. The machine aside from the belt and the reproducer gaskets is completely original. The paint on the bed plate is in decent shape although all the gold striping is worn off. The original crank which is unique to the early standard is present and in very good shape. The machine has a very early model c reproducer with side arm which was probably bought to replace the original automatic reproducer around 1902 when the new gold moulded records were introduced. The reproducer has been rebuilt and sounds great and still has it's original stepped mica diaphragm. I have taken the entire machine apart and cleaned everything. The machine runs at an even speed with the typical early motor noise. The original mainspring easily can play through 2 cylinders on one winding. Part of the case at one time was broken out on the right side where the lid clip is mounted. It was repaired with two brass clips on the front and one on the back. This probably happened when the machine was new and still being used daily. The shaver is still there although the sapphire blade was replaced with what appears to be part of a razor knife. The standard never really had enough power to shave a cylinder anyway which is why only the model A standards had one. If interested send me a PM with your cellphone number and I'll text you pictures as well a video of the machine playing. I cannot get pictures to post right now. I'll try again later. I'm asking $520 plus shipping in 2 separate boxes to prevent damage.

Thanks,
Stephen

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stephen D Heatherly on Friday, June 09, 2017 - 09:06 am:

Bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stephen D Heatherly on Saturday, June 10, 2017 - 09:12 pm:

Here are a few pictures. I'll post some more later.

Stephen

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, June 10, 2017 - 10:33 pm:

I certainly do not mind seeing this advertised here!
Wish I could afford it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stephen D Heatherly on Saturday, June 10, 2017 - 11:46 pm:

I forgot to mention, there is no horn but, I will include a nice reproduction set of hearing tubes with the machine.
Stephen

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stephen D Heatherly on Sunday, July 16, 2017 - 09:23 pm:

Price lowered to $450. I'd like to see this machine go to somebody who will play it and enjoy it. It is in perfect playing condition.
Send me a text or call if you're interested. three one four eight zero five one three nine zero

Thanks,
Stephen

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Monday, July 17, 2017 - 09:01 pm:

Steven don't give up so early that machine is worth a lot more than $450 you'll find someone who really appreciates Edison.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration