Warford ?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Warford ?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Voller (Aitkin MN) on Wednesday, June 07, 2017 - 11:23 pm:

Were Warford transmissions used on cars as well as well as TT's what is the shifting into neutral problem improper Teckneek or worn parts? Or possibly poor spelling.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould, Folsom, CA on Thursday, June 08, 2017 - 11:31 am:

Joe, the Warfords were used on cars as well as trucks.
The most common version , the six speed, was designed to be used on TTs, but were also used on cars.
The problem was not shifting into neutral, it was shifting out of neutral. Don't believe it was worn gears or improper shifting. It was the nature of the beast. From what I hear, the new Warfords don't suffer from that problem.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Thursday, June 08, 2017 - 01:19 pm:

You sort of posted in the wrong area unless you want to purchase a Warford.

The old alum ones like Richard says have no issues shifting but they do just like an old standard tranny like to have the speed of the mating gear matched. This just means that you have to ease up the gas when down shifting and speed up the engine when down shifting. It's easy unless you haven't been driving your T enough. I get out of practice sometimes until about the second shift.
Jumping out of gear might be caused by some adjustment issues or damaged gear teeth. I've never had that happen. I Love mine... I've heard stories about how you have to be careful shifting the new ones so you don't get into underdrive at speed. They're to best new tranny available today.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sean Butler Huntington Beach, CA on Thursday, June 08, 2017 - 04:07 pm:

If you're a Peterbilt driver, you will already be familiar with the shifting procedure Gene Describes. ;)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Thursday, June 08, 2017 - 05:54 pm:

Sean, LOL... Hey, I try to hide from other drivers when I'm shifting mine but sometimes they can hear me! hee hee. I can tell ya that those gear teeth on the old alum ones are made of some darn Good Stuff!! I don't want them to think I driving a hot rod transmission.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration