F.S.-'14 muffler complete

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: F.S.-'14 muffler complete
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, June 09, 2017 - 08:58 am:

Original '14 muffler, insulation is a bit dirty from sooty fingerprints and has a small chunk out of it. $100 plus shipping. 419-271-5405 Lv. a msg.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Snell on Friday, June 09, 2017 - 09:36 am:

Tim,
Do you know if this assembly is the same for 1909 except of course the tailpipe?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, June 09, 2017 - 11:15 am:

It should fit but the 1909 did not use the cast mounting brackets. The 1909 up to ? (would have to check the book) used sheet metal bent brackets that were held on to the muffler by 2 of the thru bolts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, June 09, 2017 - 11:55 am:

Daniel..Mark is correct. Reason I'm selling it is it was on my '13 & it too uses the muffler with the sheet metal brackets.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walter Higgins on Friday, June 09, 2017 - 12:49 pm:

Not to whack your listing, but shouldn't a cast bracket muffler have a straight tailpipe? Looks like this one has been replaced with a curved tapered pipe as would be correct on your stamped bracket '13 muffler.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, June 09, 2017 - 01:22 pm:

Walter..basically you are correct. However I have seen instances of very early '14s with tapered pipe. This could easily be changed to straight pipe if needed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walter Higgins on Friday, June 09, 2017 - 01:45 pm:

The literature can be off, but my understanding is the stamped bracket curved pipe muffler was used into early '14 and then during '14 the cast bracket straight pipe one came along. Of course, we know the only absolute with T parts is there are no absolutes!

Edit to add: does it look like the pipe is newer? Good original early mufflers are so hard to get that I was going to install a curved pipe in my cast bracket muffler until I found the correct one I have now.

(Message edited by Wmh on June 09, 2017)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, June 09, 2017 - 07:21 pm:

Sold pending payment. Thanks MTFCA and Jonathan.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration