For Sale: WICO Magneto

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: For Sale: WICO Magneto
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cliff Colee on Friday, June 09, 2017 - 09:37 pm:

WICO Magneto, Model X (Spec XVS-2331) that was installed on Popeye when he moved to Virginia.

This magneto has an inductive coupler which provides a great hot spark even if hand cranking the car. I believe it has automatic spark advance built in (the spark advance lever was not connected to this unit but it ran well at low or high speeds).

First picture is from the front. The magneto mounts to the timing gear cover, which is included:

wico front

Also pictured above is the gear drive.

Magneto as viewed from the rear. Note the two mounting bolts which secure it to the timing gear cover:

wico rear

Closeup of the data plate:

wico data plate

This is what it looked like when mounted on Popeye:

mounted wico

Installation requires that about 1" of the camshaft be removed in order to install the drive gear. I will include the modified camshaft if buyer desires.

I am not sure how much shipping will be. It's a fairly heavy unit. I will contribute the first $25 toward shipping costs, buyer makes up the balance.

Asking $485.00

Happy to answer questions or provide other photos upon request.

Cliff

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chadwick Azevedo on Friday, June 09, 2017 - 10:43 pm:

Is it a standard front plate that was modified?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cliff Colee on Friday, June 09, 2017 - 10:53 pm:

Chadwick,

The plate is standard, only modifications are the two holes drilled to mount the magneto.

I originally thought I'd re-use the same plate, just block the two holes. I later decided to replace it and offer the modified plate with the magneto.

Cliff

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Arthur Gebeau on Saturday, June 10, 2017 - 12:29 am:

Cliff, I will take the magneto. I can do Paypal, personal check or what ever works with you. I am a member of MTFCA and the Tin Lizzies of Albuquerque. Let me know how you want to proceed with the deal. Thanks, Art Gebeau. I'm in Milan NM zip code is 87021.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cliff Colee on Saturday, June 10, 2017 - 09:50 am:

Thanks Art, I will hold for you. Got your PM.

Will see what shipping charges will be this weekend and be back to you via email.

Thanks MTFCA!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration