Wanted: Distributor/mag, carb, and intake manifold

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Wanted: Distributor/mag, carb, and intake manifold
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Keller on Sunday, June 11, 2017 - 08:25 pm:

I'm on the hunt for a few parts for my speedster, specifically a front mount distributor with automatic spark advance, working magneto that does not replace the generator, an aftermarket intake manifold (IE single Stromberg 97) and a matching carb. Also looking for any era-correct accessory or ignition switches preferably not stock but well-worn/loved.
James

(Message edited by vwbusman66 on June 11, 2017)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Barker - Dayton, OH on Sunday, June 11, 2017 - 08:32 pm:

Just curious; why would you want auto-advance with your distributor? I'm asking because with that prerequisite, you're significantly limiting the number of possible distributors you'll find available. Also, why specifically a Stromberg 97 carb? That seems a lot of carb for a Model T engine. Maybe too big to function properly.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Keller on Sunday, June 11, 2017 - 09:08 pm:

Auto-advance as I plan to have a foot pedal exclusively (similar to Clayton's setup).

It's my understanding that a single 97 combined with an upgraded cam and Ricardo head will be OK. To cite Clayton's car again, he is running dual 81's. I figure I should be able to get away with a single 97.

I'm going to start a thread in the main forum and get some second opinions.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth in Alabama on Sunday, June 11, 2017 - 11:12 pm:

I believe Fast Frank had a single 97 on his blue speedster and made like 49 horsepower.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Grisbee---Cheyenne Wyo on Monday, June 12, 2017 - 01:40 pm:

Hi James,
I have cast aluminum BURNS downdraft intake manifold with a Carter WGD 3-bolt carb with manual choke. It looks like it's Model A or B material but there was just a manifold like this one on this site a few weeks ago so I'm guessing it may also work on a T. I think it would dump plenty of gas but maybe be re-jetted. Price is $275 shipping included. Holler if interested.
Steve G.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration