OT - 1929 Model A Roadster for sale

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: OT - 1929 Model A Roadster for sale
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Wetherbee - Downeast Maine on Wednesday, June 14, 2017 - 04:14 pm:

Here's a link to my Craig's List ad:

https://maine.craigslist.org/cto/6162863466.html

I know it's not a T, but she really is a super car that I love as-is but could also be an easy restoration. I find myself with one too many cars than space and I ain't selling my T...

Thank you for looking, Mark

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Layden Butler on Wednesday, June 14, 2017 - 05:12 pm:

How come no title?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Albert Lemon on Wednesday, June 14, 2017 - 05:27 pm:

It's hard to believe that a unmolested collector car can still be found after 80-90 years !!! The old saying, "their only original once" applies here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Wetherbee - Downeast Maine on Wednesday, June 14, 2017 - 06:16 pm:

Maine is a bill of sale state for anything over 20 years old. They will issue a title but it requires an inspection by a state trooper along with all the paperwork from the purchase of the car. The process takes about a month or so.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dufault on Wednesday, June 14, 2017 - 06:30 pm:

Layden - same thing applies to New Hampshire...but the inspection requirements are a little easier - local law enforcement officer or state inspection garage can verify title.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Dodd on Wednesday, June 14, 2017 - 09:05 pm:

Neat turn signal on the right rear corner!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Wetherbee - Downeast Maine on Wednesday, June 14, 2017 - 09:36 pm:

Good point about the signal lamp, I removed it from the car and I really should take newer pictures...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Wednesday, June 14, 2017 - 09:56 pm:

Great car

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Mc Willie on Wednesday, June 14, 2017 - 10:04 pm:

Even though its not a Model T, I think we all like this one. I have a 1929 pickup in similar condition.
Absolutely charming. It will get sold soon.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Thursday, June 15, 2017 - 09:10 am:

Mark: Check your email, PM sent. Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Wetherbee - Downeast Maine on Friday, June 16, 2017 - 09:28 am:

I've been asked for more info and pictures, I can take any pictures you would like next time it's not raining out but here is some more work that was done along the way.

I bought this car in 2012 from a gentleman in Iowa, the top had already been replaced or I might have kept it for even more character. At some point in the 1940's or 1950's the car was painted over and a whole bunch of Nauga's died to cover the rumble-seat (Naugahyde, it was a bad joke...) At one point in time there was radio in her and two holes for the antenna in the LH cowling remain. I had planned on adding in a period radio again but the one I found would require more drilling of the firewall and I just couldn't do that to this car.

I went through the brakes adding new linings and replacing any worn components. I replaced the kingpins, plus added a new electrical harness to replace a very mickey-mouse setup. The oil can and bracket under the hood was added to reuse two screw holes that were previously there for a modern solenoid which was also corrected with new reproduction parts and there is a hole under the St. Christopher medal on the dash. I have not had the rear end apart, but they are not like T's and it is not making excessive noise. Neither front or rear springs have been touched other than spray can oil and greased the shackles. The shocks were all rebuilt by Rob Paul around 2013. The engine was rebuilt in 2015 with around 200 miles on it since. Babbitt was done by George King in Connecticut and the machine work was done by a shop in Augusta Maine that was recommended by a model A dealer up here by the name of Peter Reny. It has .060 over pistons and .020 under on the crank & rods from what I recall. All new valves and springs on an original cam that did not need grinding, the oil pump gearing was replaced and the pump rebuilt. A new clutch plate and throw out bearing were installed while there and I added an aluminum fan as the original was well cracked. The transmission was redone at the same time as the engine using new sealed bearings and o-rings on the gear shafts, the gears all looked fine for reuse.

The rest remains untouched.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Wetherbee - Downeast Maine on Friday, June 16, 2017 - 12:51 pm:

And here (hopefully) are some more pictures showing the common rust areas, my apologies for them being up-side-down at times:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Wetherbee - Downeast Maine on Friday, June 16, 2017 - 12:52 pm:

more

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Wetherbee - Downeast Maine on Friday, June 16, 2017 - 12:54 pm:

rumble seat floor - there are a few pin-holes that can't be seen in this picture

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Wetherbee - Downeast Maine on Friday, June 16, 2017 - 12:55 pm:

interior - note the left kick panel is missing

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Wetherbee - Downeast Maine on Friday, June 16, 2017 - 12:57 pm:

Have I mentioned that using a cell phone for pictures is a P.I.T.A.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Wetherbee - Downeast Maine on Friday, June 16, 2017 - 01:01 pm:

If anyone can correct those pictures please do, for some reason my home computer shows them correctly and flips them in the postings and I'll be damned if I can figure it out.

Thanks guys,
Mark

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Wetherbee - Downeast Maine on Thursday, June 22, 2017 - 08:11 pm:

Bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard salazar on Friday, June 23, 2017 - 01:45 am:

I'd like a 32 ford roadster in this condition

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Friday, June 23, 2017 - 04:38 am:

Mark,

Just a suggestion for your sale:

Your car is priced at the high end - even for your area.

Back in 2012 when you bought this - the ownership should have been transferred & a new title issued by Maine.

Perhaps you never did that because you did not anticipate ever selling the car.

But - ownership never completely passed to you & now you have an " open title " scenario that a prospective buyer has to deal with if they want this car to be on the road.

You might want to consider getting a title.

Freighter JIm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles W. Little South Paris, Maine on Friday, June 23, 2017 - 09:11 am:

Maine does not title cars over 25 years old, Even if it has a title from another state. You can get a "warranty title", but it is a separate procedure. I have bought two Model A's from out of state in the past and registered them both without receiving a title from Maine--they don't even want to talk about it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Dwyer in Troy, New York on Friday, June 23, 2017 - 03:52 pm:

It could be like in New York. NY does not title cars older than 1974 (I think) but you do have a transferable registration that you carry around in your wallet. That is your proof of ownership which you use when you go to sell the car --- you sign it and write in the new owner's name. He then takes that to DMV when he registers it.

When you license the car in Maine, don't they give you some sort of document which says that you own it? Something with your name on it? Otherwise what proof is there that you own it at all?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Wetherbee - Downeast Maine on Friday, June 23, 2017 - 10:03 pm:

I have the last title as well as the bill of sale. No problem showing ownership here, but I may have to pay the fees and jump the hoops for a warranty title it seems.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles W. Little South Paris, Maine on Saturday, June 24, 2017 - 07:12 am:

Scott,

Bill of sale to register. They give you a registration certificate-which is not transferable. When you sell-you give a bill of sale. And, as Mask says a "warranty title" if you jump through that hoop.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Saturday, June 24, 2017 - 11:18 am:

Bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Wetherbee - Downeast Maine on Friday, August 04, 2017 - 11:00 am:

Here's a link to the new Craig's list add.

https://maine.craigslist.org/cto/6249429586.html

and I have applied for and had an inspection by the state for issuing a title and should have it in-hand soon.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration