13 touring

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: 13 touring
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Patrick mischler on Wednesday, June 14, 2017 - 07:36 pm:

Looking for the rear brace on a 13 touring
Behind front seat in doorway on floor

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Wednesday, June 14, 2017 - 08:55 pm:

Pat, are you looking for just one 'cause it's missing, or a pair? Reason I say, some '13s had the thicker sill and therefore didn't have/need the brace. Such is with mine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Patrick mischler on Thursday, June 15, 2017 - 04:17 am:

Because it doesn't have any and I heard that 13 should have one on each side

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Patrick mischler on Thursday, June 15, 2017 - 04:21 am:

Because it doesn't have any and heard it should I thought all 13s did or needed then I looked at 3 a gentleman had all had them but it was dark and couldn't get a measurement or pic

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Williamson on Thursday, June 15, 2017 - 06:49 am:

The early 1913's did not have them. My car is a Jan. 1913, does not have them, they were a response to weakness effecting rear doors. Larry Smith can provide more accurate information

Richard

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, June 15, 2017 - 08:54 am:

This might help.

JUL 14 Acc. 575, Letter 434, Ford Archives
Noted that 1913 Touring bodies were made by Herbert, Fisher, Wilson, and Beaudett. Apparently the Beaudett bodies differed in construction from the others. Beaudett bodies with a filler block on the rear door hinge posts apparently did not need the steel reinforcing pieces.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Thursday, June 15, 2017 - 09:12 am:

Bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Benjamin Morgan - Metamora, Indiana on Thursday, June 15, 2017 - 10:07 am:

My 13 touring body is a Beaudette body. Probably a July or August build. It has the steel plates over the rear door sill. They were supplied to dealers for installation as well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Clary on Thursday, June 15, 2017 - 10:15 am:

I think I have a pair, I'll take a look.

Andy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Patrick mischler on Thursday, June 15, 2017 - 10:54 am:

Ok thanks andy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDaniel Indiana Truck Logansport In on Thursday, June 15, 2017 - 02:30 pm:

Not for sale but here is what mine look like.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration