For sale: Bosch Model 600 Distributor

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: For sale: Bosch Model 600 Distributor
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Keller on Thursday, June 15, 2017 - 06:21 pm:

As pictured, the unit is in good condition and spins freely. I believe it is a mechanical advance unit but has a mounting screw for a manual advance bracket. The condenser is there but is untested. The points plate is present. It is missing the points, cap, and rotor, but they can be sourced for about $120 and I can supply contact info for a buyer.

$90 obo or trade for a pair of Stromberg LF's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Keller on Thursday, June 15, 2017 - 06:27 pm:

Check out the discussion for these distributors here:
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/118802/157280.html?1284575054

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Keller on Thursday, June 15, 2017 - 06:27 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Thursday, June 15, 2017 - 08:30 pm:

It's auto advance. The screw is the clamping screw. After it's timed is clamped down so the head remains stationary.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brass TT on Friday, June 16, 2017 - 06:34 am:

Might be a good idea to twitch the camshaft gear, collar, pin and nut to the body with tie wire so they cannot be lost, The base gear is probably worth more than the rest of the distributor ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Keller on Friday, June 16, 2017 - 10:00 pm:

Brass,
I am doubtful of the value of just the gear being worth more than the whole unit. New gears can be bought for $30.
This is the slightly harder to find mechanical/automatic advance unit.
James

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brass TT on Saturday, June 17, 2017 - 05:47 am:

I was meaning that they are worth buggerall without the drive gear. So many got left on the camshaft when someone "saved" the distributor from an engine going to scrap. I have several of these and there are different gear sets.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Keller on Saturday, June 17, 2017 - 06:16 pm:

I understand now. Agreed. I have a feeling they changed through the years with different shaft sizes, etc.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, June 17, 2017 - 11:52 pm:

All the styles of Bosch 600 type clip on use the same gear sets and 1/2 inch spacer. The Bosch and Atwater Kent LA clip on type distributors, you can buy new gear sets.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Keller on Monday, June 19, 2017 - 10:32 pm:

Bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Keller on Thursday, June 22, 2017 - 08:44 pm:

bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Keller on Friday, June 23, 2017 - 12:32 pm:

I'm also willing to trade for anything listed below. I can put cash on top.

High radiator shell
High hood
Pair of vintage/period aftermarket taillights
Period water temp gauge

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Keller on Sunday, June 25, 2017 - 07:46 pm:

No longer for sale.
Distributor has severe cracks in cast housing and is being returned to the prior owner.
James

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Niedzielski on Monday, June 26, 2017 - 08:41 pm:

Alas! that is the only problem with some of the Bosch housings. The potmetal seems to go on them. For whatever reason, the little Atwater Kent LA's hold up much better .

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration