Lightly Used Tool Bag Available for Price of Postage

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Lightly Used Tool Bag Available for Price of Postage
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, June 17, 2017 - 10:29 am:

Hello, I have a lightly used tool bag available for just the price of USPS flat rate postage, $7.15.

This is a black naugahide bag, 18 inches long, that is open on one end and is closed with a cotton strap and buckle.

I bought and used this for Betsy for a while because Lang's website says this is the correct bag for 1924-1925 Ts, but the MTFCI judging guidelines say that the correct bag for that year should be shorter, have individual pockets for each tool, and should have a flap that folds over before the bag is rolled up.

Please PM me with your name and shipping address if interested, and I will reply with payment instructions. Thanks!

Mark Strange

pic1

pic2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren F Rollins on Saturday, June 17, 2017 - 10:32 am:

I'll take it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, June 17, 2017 - 10:53 am:

Sold to Warren, thanks Warren and MTFCA!

Warren, look in your email for my reply to your PM.

Mark Strange

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Saturday, June 17, 2017 - 02:22 pm:

You made a huge mistake Mark. That tool bag is correct for 24-27 T's. I have a NOS one almost sitting next to me. Most of the information in the guidelines on tool bags is incorrect. I've been fighting the information in the guidelines for a long time, and have managed to get a couple of items changed recently. I guess I'll have to continue!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, June 17, 2017 - 03:21 pm:

Oh well, thanks for the update Larry. I guess I can order the correct one from Lang's at some point. :-(

I have to admit I like the earlier bag with the individual compartments and cover flap better, even though it turns out it is not correct after all.

If Russ see this, I hope he updates the judging guidelines. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, June 17, 2017 - 03:35 pm:

I just sent Russ an email with the info in this thread, hopefully he'll fix the guidelines. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren F Rollins on Saturday, June 17, 2017 - 03:41 pm:

We can cancel the deal if you like. Let me know. This is a hobby not a business with me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, June 17, 2017 - 03:57 pm:

No need Warren, the bag is already on its way to you, enjoy it. As you said, it's a hobby, not a business or a religion. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Sunday, June 18, 2017 - 09:45 am:

Come on Mark, it kinda is a religion!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, June 18, 2017 - 05:37 pm:

:-O

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration