For Sale: 1909-1912 E & J Brass Tail & Side Lights

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: For Sale: 1909-1912 E & J Brass Tail & Side Lights
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Gresh on Monday, June 19, 2017 - 06:21 pm:

Beautiful set of E&J Brass 09-12 Tail and Side lights. Complete with the burner covers but no burners. $1290 plus shipping.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Gresh on Monday, June 19, 2017 - 06:22 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Gresh on Monday, June 19, 2017 - 06:22 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Kesselhon on Tuesday, June 20, 2017 - 09:37 am:

Are these repros.?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Gresh on Tuesday, June 20, 2017 - 10:26 am:

Tom, I purchased these lights over 10 years ago with a set of original Model 666 Headlights and an original early Carbide Generator. The Fellow I purchased these lights from said that they were restored originals but I believe that they are reproductions.
Larry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Snell on Tuesday, June 20, 2017 - 10:29 am:

Larry, do you know who made Repro lights back then?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Gresh on Tuesday, June 20, 2017 - 10:49 am:

Not sure,
I use to buy reproduction lights and radiators from two brothers in California around 15 years ago who made them but just don't remember their names.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Mc Willie on Tuesday, June 20, 2017 - 11:19 am:

I believe you are thinking of Gilbert Metal Products. From memory, they were in El Monte. One brother did brass and one made sheet metal. The radiator and light business was sold to Greg Goviea (spelling?? ) who later started Brassworks and eventually sold it to the current Brassworks owners. Somewhere in my stacks of paperwork, I have original "flyers" from Gilbert. I believe new brass radiators were about 200.00 when I started with Model Ts and early fenders were less than 100.00. At least two of my cars have their radiators and fenders. They were nice guys and used to sell parts at most of the local SoCal Swap Meets.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Gresh on Tuesday, June 20, 2017 - 11:38 am:

Thanks Ron, It was Gilbert's and the were nice guys to work with.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Snell on Tuesday, June 20, 2017 - 12:49 pm:

There should be a way to tell the difference between the Repos and the Originals. Maybe someone who knows can chime in here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Tuesday, June 20, 2017 - 01:16 pm:

I thought the major owner was Gilbert Erickson. His cousin lived in Shorewood MN.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Tuesday, June 20, 2017 - 01:20 pm:

Their reproductions were all E&Js. Someone in Chicago reproduced John Brown model 15 headlights in the 1950s.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Mc Willie on Tuesday, June 20, 2017 - 01:28 pm:

It was Gilbert and Wayne Erickson aka Gilbert Metal Products. I believe Wayne is still in business but makes custom metal and brass work for non-automotive purposes such as kitchens, building decorations, etc. Maybe someone else has more updated information.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary London, Camarillo, CA on Tuesday, June 20, 2017 - 01:41 pm:

Wayne Erickson runs Gilberts. He makes things lie industrial ventilation turbines,n and still makes lamps.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By MNToys on Tuesday, June 20, 2017 - 02:01 pm:

Originals have brass covered mounting brackets. Repros have cast brass.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Gresh on Tuesday, June 20, 2017 - 02:14 pm:

These lights Have the cast mounting brackets.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Williamson on Tuesday, June 20, 2017 - 04:04 pm:

Vic Billstrom in California made extremely good quality brass lamps for a number of early automobiles in the late sixties

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Snell on Tuesday, June 20, 2017 - 04:09 pm:

Did the different repos have some kind of a mark or distinguishing way of noting the difference between them and the originals?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Lightfoot on Tuesday, June 20, 2017 - 11:16 pm:

I recently bought head light parts and some beautiful brass cowl lights from Wayne, for my 12 commercial roadster. great guy to work with and very reasonable. Jim

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration