Aluminum High compression head

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Aluminum High compression head
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Elliott on Tuesday, June 20, 2017 - 04:41 pm:

This head is the low head with about 5 1/2 to 6 compression. It has never been installed on a engine. $300.00 with postage added to sale.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By MNToys on Tuesday, June 20, 2017 - 04:43 pm:

Who is the manufacturer?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Tuesday, June 20, 2017 - 09:48 pm:

Ralph Reeder head. He made them in high and low head styles. Combustion chamber shape is wrong for a Z head.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevada Bob Middleton on Wednesday, June 21, 2017 - 01:19 am:

Sent a PM

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Elliott on Thursday, June 22, 2017 - 11:57 am:

The head was cast by a man named George Parker. He cast his name into the head inside the water outlet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tim moore, "Island City" MI on Thursday, June 22, 2017 - 07:05 pm:

I have a Parker catalog right here in my hand and that head was $260 way back. Can't post a photo right now but here is what is says;

The Parker Model-t head is an exact reproduction of the 1909 Model-T "low head" on the outside. the combustion chambers have been completely redesigned to take advantage of today's fuels; and the compression ratio raised from the original 3.3:1. For standard Model-T pop-up pistons and standard Model-T crankshaft, the compression is 6.5:1. For engines with flat-top pistons and Model-A crank shaft, the compression ratio can be 7.5 to 8.5:1 depending on customer choice. With this cylinder head, it is easy to increase horsepower to the rear wheels by 50%.

The Parker cylinder head is chill cast from 356 aircraft spec. aluminum and heat-treated to the T-6 condition. This cylinder head is guaranteed to the original purchaser for one year for material and workmanship."

This is from Sacramento CA and probably in the 1970's. George Parker made aluminum parts for the
DO Frontenac such as chain case and covers and I am sure he is long gone but the few DO Fronty heads usually have his parts on them, I have some and they are good.

I did not know George Parker and never talked to him, heard there might have been some squabble at the foundry with him manufacturing parts. That is a good piece just because I don't think many of them made it out but he did make quite a few side drives and DO Fronty chain case parts. He did offer an aluminum DO head but I have never heard of one or seen one.

Tim Moore

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevada Bob Middleton on Thursday, June 22, 2017 - 08:52 pm:

Thomas Ellott sent several pms
Would be interested to buy this
Nv bob
Jalopyt@yahoo.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Schrepfer on Thursday, June 22, 2017 - 09:28 pm:

Mr. Elliott, my name is Joe Schrepfer, I will purchase this head if Nevada Bob decides he does not want it. I do not have internet access. Please contact me at :
337 485 5763
You can text or call, if I do not answer please leave message.
My address is:
Joe Schrepfer
948 Beau Ave.
Lake Charles, La. 70611

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevada Bob Middleton on Sunday, June 25, 2017 - 12:24 am:

Never heard back either here or pm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Sunday, June 25, 2017 - 12:52 am:

Maybe he's on vacation, or ill. Maybe he got 'cold feet' about selling it after he saw so much positive input about it. Only he knows.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Schrepfer on Sunday, June 25, 2017 - 05:41 am:

I have not either, Bob.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert A Weitzel on Sunday, June 25, 2017 - 12:29 pm:

Great head. I have one on my 14 nv bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Elliott on Sunday, June 25, 2017 - 03:54 pm:

Sorry for the delay on answering the ad for the low head. I have been away from my computer for a few days and I'm have the last of the heads machined for head bolt holes and spark plug holes. I will get back to all of you that e-mailed me about the head. The response was better than I thought it would be. Please give me a few more day to get the heads back from the machine shop. I will answer all the ads. I don't have enough heads to go to all the e-mails I got.
I wish that I and my son had bought the patterns at the time we got the heads.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Sunday, June 25, 2017 - 05:29 pm:

Tom, the original post at top gives the impression that you had only one head. your last post says you're having the last of the castings, machined. How many all total do you have?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Elliott on Monday, June 26, 2017 - 11:54 am:

We had three head for sale and one of those was ready to ship. two are at the machine shop for head bolt holes and surfacing. They are all spoken for at this time. I wish we had more. We had the chance to purchase the patterns and turned them down.
Tom

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Monday, June 26, 2017 - 02:27 pm:

Thom, Who has the pattern? Reader's kids? How much were they asking?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Elliott on Monday, June 26, 2017 - 02:56 pm:

Glenn:
This head was not cast by Reeder. A guy by the name of George Parker from southern California cast these heads about 30 years ago. We came by them from a person here in the oregon area. We had a chance to purchase the patterns but didn't. We are now going back and trying to make contact with the person we bought all the earlier stuff from. Stay tuned.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tim moore, "Island City" MI on Monday, June 26, 2017 - 03:50 pm:

Tom, If you would like a copy of his catalog drop me a PM and I will send it to you, I can photograph and text it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Monday, June 26, 2017 - 04:04 pm:

Thom, We need a source for low heads so give it a go. I remember the Parker heads. That was a long time ago before Reader.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Elliott on Tuesday, June 27, 2017 - 11:26 am:

We did find the person that had the patterns, but found out he sold them and doesn't know who they were sold to. We have not given up. Tom

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration