Wanted: YALE Tool Box Key

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Wanted: YALE Tool Box Key
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Putnam, Bluffton, Ohio on Thursday, June 22, 2017 - 09:21 pm:

I need a YALE tool box key. The type I need would be made of flat stamped steel and one key probably fit most of the Yale locks on tool boxes. I anyone can provide a picture of the key that would help in case I have to make one.
Thanks, Jack Putnam. jputnam/at/wcoil. com.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eviston on Thursday, June 22, 2017 - 09:44 pm:

What did you do,Jack,lose the one l sent you 7-8 years ago?That. are indeed flat keys that have a head shaped like a playing card 'club'.l had a whole bunch of those that were in some stuff l traded away.
I will get ahold of the guy that wound up with that stuff and see if he can find them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Putnam, Bluffton, Ohio on Friday, June 23, 2017 - 09:49 am:

Jim: I think it was closer to 10 years ago! I finally got to put the box in use, sent the box out for paint did not come back with a key. Painter said it didn't have a key when he got it. So I am key-less (clueless) as to where it may be.

Still need a key.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eviston on Friday, June 23, 2017 - 04:42 pm:

Jack,IIRC somebody else sent you a key as well.l know how it is,things getting separated.And memory not great.
Said friend with the bunch of miscellany that was once mine is going to look through it and see what he can find sometime this weekend.I'll send you another,gratis,if the Gods of searching for small stuff smile upon us.
Also,a tip that may help.Kennedy tackle boxes up into modern times used that same lock and key. I now remember l got those keys when an old bait store closed up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Putnam, Bluffton, Ohio on Friday, June 30, 2017 - 08:54 pm:

I am still in need of a key if anybody can help. Thanks JP

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Chillingworth on Friday, June 30, 2017 - 10:21 pm:

Jack, I bought this toolbox lock & key at Bakersfield this year. Is this key what you are looking for?

Rich C.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Putnam, Bluffton, Ohio on Friday, June 30, 2017 - 10:28 pm:

Sorry Rich. My lock is a chest or case lock not a padlock. Thanks for checking.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Saturday, July 01, 2017 - 09:55 am:

Jack -- A locksmith should be able to make you a key. I had one (two, actually) made for a Hayes lock on a tool box a few years back.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration