New run of Floating Trans Main shafts

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: New run of Floating Trans Main shafts
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Saturday, June 24, 2017 - 12:18 pm:

I have made another run of Floating Transmission Main shafts. Price is still $375.00+ shipping. Pm me for more info. Thanks, Dan.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin McCallum on Saturday, June 24, 2017 - 06:08 pm:

Hi Dan, do you ship to New Zealand ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Saturday, June 24, 2017 - 08:36 pm:

Bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Sunday, June 25, 2017 - 04:44 am:

Colin: PM sent check your email, Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Thursday, June 29, 2017 - 10:53 am:

Btt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Saturday, July 01, 2017 - 04:22 am:

btt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Saturday, July 01, 2017 - 09:51 am:

There is something about these that I don't understand. Just looking at the two parts, it appears that the main shaft could move, allowing some discrepancy in the alignment of the main shaft without putting any stress on the crankshaft. But when it is assembled in the car, both pieces are clamped tightly between the crankshaft and the flywheel, precluding any movement between the two. That is, unless the shaft flange is thinner than the outer ring, which would allow some movement. Is this the case?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Saturday, July 01, 2017 - 04:43 pm:

Mike: That is how they work. Shaft flange is a little thinner. Thanks, Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Wednesday, July 05, 2017 - 05:01 am:

Btt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Monday, July 10, 2017 - 11:24 pm:

BTT

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Tuesday, July 11, 2017 - 12:10 pm:

What about testimonials? Who's running these and how many miles have been recorded?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walt Berdan, Bellevue, WA on Tuesday, July 11, 2017 - 12:35 pm:

I have one from the initial run in my '26 coupe and have several thousand miles on it. Can't tell that it's there, car just runs and sounds like normal. It makes me feel good about less chance of wear or crank breakage due to alignment stress issues. Sure I checked alignment upon assembly but after miles of not always smooth roads is everything still aligned the way it started?

I figure this is kind of like insurance - if I have it it might help.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Tuesday, July 11, 2017 - 01:43 pm:

I have one on my 14 Touring. I also have a KC Warford and I was worried by all that weight hanging off the rear end of the pan. I did consider a brace for the Warford but the chassis flexes so much, I really didn't think it would help. So the flexible shaft has been in there for many years, it was one of the first that Les did, he picked up my original shaft at a LBMTC meeting and did the modifications.
If I were doing a another big budget motor, it would be included.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Friday, July 14, 2017 - 05:44 am:

BTt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Tuesday, July 18, 2017 - 10:46 am:

BTT

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Friday, July 28, 2017 - 04:42 am:

BTT

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Saturday, July 29, 2017 - 11:16 pm:

Bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Tuesday, August 15, 2017 - 03:54 pm:

BTT

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Saturday, August 19, 2017 - 04:34 am:

BTT

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration