(2) Model T engines for sale

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: (2) Model T engines for sale
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carolyn Halverson on Saturday, June 24, 2017 - 12:22 pm:

Barn find! (2) complete Model T engines for sale. Found in the loft of a barn we are cleaning out. If interested, please send a message for pictures and more information. Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles Reichlin on Saturday, June 24, 2017 - 03:31 pm:

Years and prices pictures would be good also

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carolyn Halverson on Saturday, June 24, 2017 - 03:43 pm:

I was unable to upload any pics to this site. They are too large of files. If anyone is interested and would like to see pics, I can email. Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, June 24, 2017 - 03:47 pm:

Carolyn, I sent you a PM, please check your email.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carolyn Halverson on Saturday, June 24, 2017 - 04:42 pm:

Sorry! I'm new to this site and just realized you guys have been sending messages. I think I've sent out pics to all who requested. Thanks for your help!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, June 24, 2017 - 05:03 pm:

Here are Carolyn's pictures.

pic1

pic2

pic3

pic4

pic5

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, June 24, 2017 - 05:17 pm:

Thank you for making an effort to get these out to proper uses rather than scrapping them. Value varies a lot depending on several important factors. Actual vintage makes a huge difference. Condition and after-market accessories can make a big difference. Value can be anywhere from a hundred bucks to well over ten thousand dollars apiece. (However, the really expensive ones are that way because they are extremely rare, so don't plan on making your retirement account!)

Location also matters a lot. Profile page says they may be located in Iowa

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, June 24, 2017 - 05:28 pm:

The one with the two bolts on the back of the block and the water pump on the left side is a '26 or '27 (serial number should confirm year). These are slightly more desirable for several reasons provided they appear to be in good condition.
The other one with the two small covers on the right side is between 1919 and 1922. Again, serial number should confirm year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carolyn Halverson on Saturday, June 24, 2017 - 05:32 pm:

A big thanks to all of you guys for your help with my engine project! Before we figured out they were Model T engines, they were slated for the scrap yard! I'm glad we slowed down and didn't hastily throw these away. If they will be of use to someone that will make this all worth the extra effort. Model T's are such neat old cars and a big part of our American history! We will continue to work on getting them down and finding serial numbers. At least I know there is interest. Yes, these engines are located in Iowa. Thanks again guys

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Sunday, June 25, 2017 - 08:18 am:

Very cool putting them on the forum. I am sure someone in your area will need them for build or parts. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Sunday, June 25, 2017 - 12:00 pm:

Carolyn, if you need to know where the serial numbers are just look on the engine block right above where the water pump is mounted on the one. The other will have the serial in the exact same place. You can then take those numbers to this list to get a year and month of manufacture:
http://www.mtfca.com/encyclo/sernos.htm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bernie Blakney on Tuesday, June 27, 2017 - 07:32 am:

are the two model t engines still available ? where are you located?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John V. Dow on Tuesday, June 27, 2017 - 12:09 pm:

I may be interested in the one with the "4 hump" pan. What would be your price for that one?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Blake, Kansas City on Tuesday, June 27, 2017 - 12:19 pm:

Carolyn and I have made a deal on these two engines. I will be picking them up on Thursday.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, June 27, 2017 - 02:43 pm:

I love a happy ending!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Blake, Kansas City on Thursday, June 29, 2017 - 08:22 pm:

Picked these engines up today. Had to remember how to operate a forklift to load them, home safe.

Carolyn was an absolute sweetheart, (I sensed that on the phone) and very easy on the eyes too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Blake, Kansas City on Thursday, June 29, 2017 - 08:27 pm:

Picked these up today, had to remember how to drive a forklift to load them. Home safe.

Carolyn was a real sweetheart (I sensed that on the phone) and very easy on the eyes too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carolyn Halverson on Thursday, June 29, 2017 - 11:32 pm:

Gary, you are too kind! I'm just glad to hear you made it home okay! You did great running that forklift to load them in your truck! Like a pro!! Happy to know those old beauties found a happy home and will hopefully run again (or help another engine to run again) :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Grisbee---Cheyenne Wyo on Monday, July 03, 2017 - 04:04 pm:

Hi Carolyn,Just wondering what else is in the barn not pictured or mentioned. Steve G.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Tuesday, July 04, 2017 - 09:57 am:

Cool the motors were saved.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bernie Blakney on Wednesday, July 05, 2017 - 08:17 am:

are these engines still for sale??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Blake, Kansas City on Wednesday, July 05, 2017 - 01:57 pm:

No, I picked them up last Thursday. I have a 23 and a 27, both with somewhat tired engines, so these are destined for rebuilding and installation in my cars.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration