MODEL T FRONTENAC HEAD

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: MODEL T FRONTENAC HEAD
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Saturday, June 24, 2017 - 02:58 pm:

This head appears to be original and never used. The head is perfect with no cracks or repairs, P/N T2175. Run as is. $5,000.00frontenacfrontenacfrontenacfrontenac

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Patterson. Australia. on Saturday, June 24, 2017 - 07:53 pm:

Oh my my.....how I wish.
...........SIGH..............
Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Saturday, June 24, 2017 - 08:34 pm:

Very cool set up. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tim moore, "Island City" MI on Saturday, June 24, 2017 - 08:37 pm:

Looks like a good one and ready to go but not NOS. The top end is not Frontenac as they had a 2 piece shaft, no oil pressure in the middle and the rockers did not adjust, the push rods were adjustable. The stands are not Frontenac and the 2 nipples on the front left are not stock. The valves and seats have been changed and should be equal size. Looks like somebody put in smaller exhaust valves and seats.

These are not bad things and probably good upgrades but not a NOS Frontenac head. It looks like a good package ready to go but not a brand new Frontenac never installed. Somebody can make a nice speedster or racer with this package. Probably better than new and just a caution of how it is represented.

Tim Moore

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Saturday, June 24, 2017 - 10:18 pm:

Thanks for the inputs. I am not a Frontenac expert, just lucky enough to find one. Or maybe it found me. But you won't find a better one. It looks perfect.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Kerndt-Waukon, Iowa on Sunday, June 25, 2017 - 09:44 am:

Glen
Does that head have one intake and three exhaust? Thanks, Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Kerndt-Waukon, Iowa on Sunday, June 25, 2017 - 09:59 am:

Glen
This Fronty head is a Model S, R or T and the model number should be stamped into the ridge for the rocker cover. These three heads were the same except for the compression ratio, and the Model R had stronger valves. This is when they were introduced and a lot has changed since then. Congrats as you came into a nice head. Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Pharis on Sunday, June 25, 2017 - 10:47 am:

Glen states the part number in his original post "T2175". This head is the "T" model. One can clearly see that the valves have been replaced and exhaust hard seats installed. The "T" model head was the lower performance touring/commercial model. I know of several "T" model heads on the road and they all run strong and sweet. Very nice head in my book

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Sunday, June 25, 2017 - 11:01 am:

Bill, Yes, one intake and 3 exhaust. It is a modelT.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Sunday, June 25, 2017 - 08:06 pm:

I am not a speedster guy but would like to see the head in good hands and put to good use. I know it is expensive but you are getting a near perfect head.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Monday, June 26, 2017 - 02:30 pm:

Lots of interest but no money. Maybe it will go into my Model T museum.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Layden Butler on Monday, June 26, 2017 - 04:02 pm:

Glen, Tell us about the 2 brass fittings toward the front? When you look in the water outlet are they connected inside the water passage with a short tube? Oil line to the rocker shaft I think.
Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Monday, June 26, 2017 - 04:11 pm:

Layden, There are two threaded holes. One on the side of the block and the other on the top. Both go into the water jacket. So you need to connect them with a copper tube to feed oil to the rocker arm assembly. That way you don't have to remove the cover to oil the rockers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Tuesday, June 27, 2017 - 11:15 am:

Layden, I was told by an expert that this was a bad idea because it would provide too much oil with no place to go. The holes can be easily plugged with brass fittings.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Tuesday, June 27, 2017 - 12:27 pm:

It's actually a good idea. You can use a hand pump to lubricate a little at a time without the need to remove the cover. Any excess oil will drain back to the crankcase through the pushrod guide holes then into the valve chamber. From the valve chamber then into the pan. Don't. know who the "expert" was that told you otherwise.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Tuesday, June 27, 2017 - 12:48 pm:

Mark, Your probably right, where there's a will there's a way. Hope your enjoying June Lake.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Tuesday, June 27, 2017 - 12:56 pm:

If you notice, there are small grooves/channels cut into the edge of each of the pushrods holes, allowing the extra oil to run back down into the engine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Layden Butler on Tuesday, June 27, 2017 - 01:00 pm:

Mark
It appears that the casting has already been notched from the low spots on the top of the head to the pushrod holes for oil return.
A restriction in the supply line would only need to allow a drip to the rocker system. As you say, just a slow flow would be enough, no need for pressure.
My original question was more about what fittings they used ( to connect the 2 we see) inside the water jacket where it is difficult to reach.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Tuesday, June 27, 2017 - 01:34 pm:

Layden, They are brass fittings.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Tuesday, June 27, 2017 - 02:41 pm:

Layden,

Looks like they wouldn't have used any fittings inside the water jacket. They just had a curved bit of copper line that they pushed into one hole, then out the other. The two brass fittings just grabbed the copper line and kept water from leaking out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Saturday, July 08, 2017 - 01:09 pm:

Still looking for a serous good home.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Sunday, August 06, 2017 - 02:10 pm:

bump

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration