GGEMSA DUAL OVERHEAD CAM ENGINE CASTINGS

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: GGEMSA DUAL OVERHEAD CAM ENGINE CASTINGS
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Saturday, June 24, 2017 - 03:16 pm:

These are genuine Gemsa castings for his Dual Overhead Valve engine. $1,500.00GEMSA

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Saturday, June 24, 2017 - 03:17 pm:

Correction, GEMSA

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Saturday, June 24, 2017 - 03:30 pm:

SORRY< SOLD

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Magee on Sunday, June 25, 2017 - 12:50 pm:

That has to be a record for the fastest sale time in the Classifieds.

I can only hope that the person who bought the castings will use them to make reproduction Gemsa DO kits available to Model T racers!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan McEachern on Sunday, June 25, 2017 - 01:20 pm:

Who ever purchased the castings, I have two heads here at my shop on the someday to do list. I have the original letter I got from Joe when I purchased my head 1st head back in the 70's. If you send me a PM, I'll copy the letter and share it with you. It contains info on the gear details for the cam drive etc. Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Sunday, June 25, 2017 - 01:22 pm:

Tom, your right. 5 min and they were sold. My son Mark bought them. He was in June lake on vacation and couldn't call me fast enough. Must have been a super deal for him.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine on Sunday, June 25, 2017 - 01:40 pm:

Nope, I sold a NOS Edison plug in 2 mins.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Sunday, June 25, 2017 - 03:30 pm:

Hi Dan,

Yes. I'll take all the help I can get on locating all the missing pieces to make this a complete running setup. Thanks in advance for the help.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Magee on Sunday, June 25, 2017 - 04:02 pm:

Glen, that is an amazing coincidence. Yesterday, I was 20 miles south of June Lake camping on Rock Creek Road. Damn, for $1500, I would have bought them had I been in front of my computer.

Oh, well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Magee on Sunday, June 25, 2017 - 04:04 pm:

Dan, I am interested in seeing your letter from Joe.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Husted on Sunday, June 25, 2017 - 04:34 pm:

I would check to see that they are not a copy of a
Galvin DO?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Sunday, June 25, 2017 - 06:00 pm:

Spoke to Dan. Dan indicated Joe's patterns were a copy of a RAJO DOC head.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Sunday, June 25, 2017 - 06:03 pm:

Hi Tom,

I'm camping on the June Lake Loop just up the road.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Sunday, June 25, 2017 - 06:35 pm:

The castings are marked Gemsa

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Magee on Sunday, June 25, 2017 - 07:21 pm:

Mark,

It sure pays to have family connections. The weather was awesome in the East Sierra. Too bad the fishing wasn't. Really too bad I wasn't reading the forum Saturday afternoon.

I believe there is some connection between the Rajo and Gallivan DO heads. Some have said that the Gallivan was based or copied from the Rajo. Is the general consensus Gemsa used the Rajo/Gallivan as a pattern for his DO?

Dave Szumowski produced a Rajo DO. It would be really cool to get a side by side comparison of the two heads.

Does any one know how many Rajo, Gallivan and Gemsa heads exist? Looks like Dan M. has two. Talk about hitting the jackpot. I would really love to hear any of these heads running. Are there any running Rajo, Gallivan and Gemsa based engines in the SF Bay area or there about?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Sunday, June 25, 2017 - 08:28 pm:

The word it RAJO developed the head and Gallivanting purchased the pattern. Apparently, they are one in the same. According to Dan, the inner workings will be costly to produce as they will need to be custom made. Dan has the specifications for the timing gears and another source for the camshafts. He has yet to make the parts for the two heads he has. When he does, I'll be all in. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Sunday, June 25, 2017 - 08:29 pm:

I hate spell check!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Tuesday, June 27, 2017 - 11:19 am:

I'm sure Dan will help you out and everyone will be happy with their new toy.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration