Will older 1/4"-lip pistons work in a '23 with lighter rods?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Will older 1/4"-lip pistons work in a '23 with lighter rods?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Lytle on Sunday, June 25, 2017 - 02:48 pm:

Hi all, I am restoring a 1923 Center Door. I have a '23 engine that my friend generously gave me. I took it apart and found #4 piston to be badly scored and possibly cracked, the cylinder however appears to be fine (maybe someone cleaned it up and re-used the piston?) Anyway, I found some older pistons with the 1/4' 'fat' lip at the inside bottom of the skirt. Will these work with the lighter rods etc ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, June 25, 2017 - 03:54 pm:

First this is the classifieds, next, don't mix and match pistons of different weights and materials. Check the size of bore and redo as needed. If you are going to this much work do it right get a new set of aluminum pistons and do the valve if they are the old style two piece.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration