TT RUNNING GEAR FS

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: TT RUNNING GEAR FS
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Monday, June 26, 2017 - 07:09 pm:

Here is a complete TT running gear for sale. Engine # is 15098xxx. Looks to be a replacement engine in an early 26 truck. Ruckstell Rear end, do not know if it is high speed. 20" wood Rear wheels look good, Tire are still new looking. Fronts are wooden 21". Engine runs good, may have been rebuilt(Has adjustable lifters in it). Trans sounds good. Radiator looks like it is a new flat tube or has been had a core installed. Bill of sale. $2250.00 picked up here. ZIP 35173 Pm me for info.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Monday, June 26, 2017 - 08:44 pm:

More pics

Also: generator works, do not know if mag works.
I am going to run this ad for 1 month, then start parting this truck out. It has to go one way or another. Pm me for more info, Thanks, Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Timothy Miller on Monday, June 26, 2017 - 09:53 pm:

Dan, curiosity question. What type of carburetor is on that? I don't think I have seen that style. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Monday, June 26, 2017 - 10:46 pm:

Tim That is a Vaporizer. This is a replacement engine, #15098xxx. Made sometime in 28 I think. The fan pulley is early 26 type. So I am guessing it is a early 26 TT. Will make someone a nice truck or a bunch of good parts. Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By paul wilcox germantown wi on Monday, June 26, 2017 - 10:53 pm:

Wish you were a little closer

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Monday, June 26, 2017 - 11:01 pm:

Paul: Wi is not that far. Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Monday, June 26, 2017 - 11:03 pm:

Guys: Any surefire way to tell if this rear end is a high speed one? Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Sebaugh in Jackson, Missouri on Monday, June 26, 2017 - 11:18 pm:

To check out the rear end gear ratio. Jack up the rear so both wheels are off the ground, put the truck in to second gear, put the two speed rear end into the highest gear, and turn the crank. Both wheels need to turn the same and count the number of revolutions the crank makes for one revolution of the rear wheels. 5 to 1 is high speed and 7 to 1 low speed. Removing the spark plugs makes it easier to crank, I forget this every once in a while.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Monday, June 26, 2017 - 11:23 pm:

Steven: Is Lever forward high on a TT Ruckstell just like the car? Thanks, Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Tuesday, June 27, 2017 - 01:02 am:

Yes, Dan. If E brake lever is all the way forward, the planetary trans automatically goes into high. I have read that the factory stamped numbers somewhere near the axle 'bells' where they are bolted together. Of course if the gears were changed at some point, numbers mean nothing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Tuesday, June 27, 2017 - 03:02 am:

I am talking about the Ruckstell lever.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Sebaugh in Jackson, Missouri on Tuesday, June 27, 2017 - 09:56 am:

Yes, both need to be in high and that is forward on both, the Ruckstell and E brake level.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nicholas Lingg - Tarboro, NC on Tuesday, June 27, 2017 - 10:50 am:

I thought you could take the rear cover plate off and count the gears Yes / NO

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Tuesday, June 27, 2017 - 11:30 am:

Gears are behind the thrust bearing plate and bearing at the rear.
Much easier to see from the front side IF the driveline is not there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Tuesday, June 27, 2017 - 02:43 pm:

Where is the truck located?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Blake, Kansas City on Tuesday, June 27, 2017 - 03:20 pm:

Just northeast of Birmingham Al. Dan is a great guy to do business with.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Tuesday, June 27, 2017 - 03:37 pm:

Truck is in Zip 35173. Thanks, Gary

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Forrest W O'Keane on Tuesday, June 27, 2017 - 07:03 pm:

I am interested could you give me a phone number mine is 660-342-1395
Forrest O'Keane

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Tuesday, June 27, 2017 - 08:44 pm:

TT is sold pending payment. Thanks MTFCA. Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Tuesday, June 27, 2017 - 10:53 pm:

Terrific news. Will it be put back into service ? This TT affliction
is a crazy thing. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevada Bob Middleton on Tuesday, June 27, 2017 - 11:50 pm:

Yes you can but you need to remove the rear carrier bearing
6 flute is high speed 4 flutes is low

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration