Wanted: Coupe/Roadster Rear Fender Braces

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Wanted: Coupe/Roadster Rear Fender Braces
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Blancard, Fredericksburg Va on Wednesday, June 28, 2017 - 06:59 am:

I need a set of rear fender braces from my jalopy pickup project. I think the casting number on them is T5563. Rusty/crusty is ok, just need to be serviceable. They look like this. Thanks.

brace

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Sims--Reed City,Mich. on Wednesday, June 28, 2017 - 07:13 am:

Are you sure you can use them with the wide 26 bed?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Blancard, Fredericksburg Va on Wednesday, June 28, 2017 - 07:42 am:

Well, no not sure. The '26 bed will go on my '24 cut off touring. So it is a mix of parts. They look like they would work. Might need some custom bending? I'm open to advice/suggestions.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Sims--Reed City,Mich. on Wednesday, June 28, 2017 - 07:49 am:

The 25 pickup fender mounts might be a better choice. The 23-25 touring fender or top saddle rods can be used. You would also need the flange they screw into.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Blancard, Fredericksburg Va on Wednesday, June 28, 2017 - 08:13 am:

I looked at those as an option too. I expect either one could be made to work. Does the bed mounting flange fit close to the outside edge of the wood base frame? I assume it does, and would allow clearance for the bed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Blancard, Fredericksburg Va on Wednesday, June 28, 2017 - 09:46 am:

I may have been premature in posting this "wanted" ad. I may be able to use the old touring fender braces and mounts, as they are very similar to the 25 bed braces. But would need to reinforce the bed sides where they mount. I'll have to see how it comes together when the bed is installed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William bender on Wednesday, June 28, 2017 - 06:43 pm:

Hello Steve here's a couple sets of brackets that I have if you're interested just p.m. me
Thanks again Bill

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration