For Sale Engine for Rebuilding

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: For Sale Engine for Rebuilding
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Thursday, June 29, 2017 - 02:31 pm:

When I had my 1926/27 Model T I started buying parts to build a new engine. I selected and purchased the best of the best used parts and bought most of the required best quality new items. The only items I did not purchase was the cylinder head, rods and pistons and valve lifters, primarily because some of the items I wanted were not currently available or I needed information during the engine block machining phase to obtain the correct size items.
List of engine parts for engine build
1. New flywheel ring gear
2. New Set of magnet clamp screws (1/4-24 thread for ring gear in item 1).
3. New set of aluminum magnet spools.
4. New rebuilt oval double stack magneto field ring (use with magnets).
5. Used flywheel. Cleaned, all threaded holes chased. No cracks.
6. Used set of cleaned magnet securing bolts, magnet end clamps
7. Used set of flywheel magnets. (checked for cracks and recharged)
8. Used set of 1926/27 transmission bands with removable ears
9. New set of Kevlar transmission band lining.
10. Rebuilt Model T starting motor, NOS Bendix drive, drive cover, screws and lock washers
11. Rebuilt Model T generator, three mounting bolts, lock washers and timer clamp.
12. New transmission driven gear and three washers. Needs two correct Woodruff keys
13. New engine gasket set with quality head gasket.
14. Used transmission cover door, clean and painted with new screws and lock washers.
15. New block to transmission pan arm straps.
16. New TW timer and timer case wire forms.
17. New Scat crankshaft
18. New Stipe 280 camshaft
19. Used 1926/27 transmission driven plate and six special bolts
20. New McEachern camshaft drive gear
21. New McEachern crankshaft drive gear
22. Used generator side mount for engine block
23. Used 1926/27 front crankcase cover plate.
24. Three NOS camshaft bearings
25. Used set of improved manifold clamps and bolts
26. Used transmission clutch hub and key
27. Used transmission clutch plates
28. Used transmission clutch spring (110 Lb), spring retainer, pin and clutch disk push ring
29. New exhaust manifold. Copper rings and glands & one piece copper rings
30. NOS 1926/27 water outlet and two mounting bolts
31. Used water inlet.
32. Valve chamber cover (no throttle rod hole) and two bolts
33. Aluminum Ford intake manifold
34. Eight new valves, spring retainers and keepers
35. Three new Nolting re-bushed transmission drums and stub shaft
36. Transmission pan, straightened /aligned and repaired as necessary
37. Transmission cover with pedal shafts rebuilt
38. New set of Dan McEachern needle bearing triple gears, pins and thrust washers
39. Excellent used 1926/27 engine block.
40. Used water outlet with rebuilt fan hub (two styles and two length hubs)
I have invoices totaling $5535 for the purchase of items 1-4, 9-13, 16-18, 20, 21, 24, 29 35, 38 and 39.
I personally did the rebuild work on items 11 and 12. Item 35 (transmission drum set) has NOS bushings install by Steve Coniff
I would like to sell these items as a lot and I will take $3750 for everything listed above. This is the best items I could find to build the finest quality Model T Engine available. . The items are properly stored near Bluffton, Ohio.
If interested give me a call at 8five9-8eight1-1six77 or email modeltcoils(at)Windstream(dot)net

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Thursday, June 29, 2017 - 06:56 pm:

A few clarifications:
4. New rebuilt oval double stack magneto field ring (use with magnets in item 7).
17. New Scat (Standard) Model T crankshaft
34. Eight new valves, springs, retainers and keepers
40. Used water outlet with rebuilt fan hub (two styles, early 1926 or later 192627 and two length hubs for three or four tube radiator)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Thursday, June 29, 2017 - 09:35 pm:

I neglected to mention I no longer have need for this engine because I sold the car almost two years ago.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Friday, June 30, 2017 - 11:04 am:

The engine parts have been sold.
Thanks MTFCA Classified Advertisements

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration