1913 Interstate Car parts

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: 1913 Interstate Car parts
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By The Head Light Lens Guy in California on Friday, June 30, 2017 - 12:17 pm:

I got these at an estate sale in a box marked "1913 Interstate "

For sale your thoughts and wisdom or welcome.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, June 30, 2017 - 02:45 pm:

Doesn't look anything Model T to me, but who am I to say! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, June 30, 2017 - 03:14 pm:

I can't say whether they are or are not from an Interstate automobile. There was one in the Bay Area Regional Group some years back. I don't know if it is still around or not, as I haven't been close enough to the club in recent years. It was a very nice car!
Some parts (like the top irons) may well work for other cars of the era. But other than that, I don't see a lot of dollar value there. Those parts should be boxed, labeled, and kept available for someone restoring a car that could really use them. I have believed for many years that such a system should be set up. Sadly, few people have been willing to help make it happen.
Sending a message to Interstate owners in the HCCA directory would probably be your best bet to find a temporary home for those pieces. Listing them for sale (in the parts and collectibles section) of the HCCA online classified would also be a good idea.
They should be saved. That said, don't expect to get much for them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Barlow on Friday, June 30, 2017 - 03:53 pm:

those are for an open touring car

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Barlow on Friday, June 30, 2017 - 03:56 pm:

the 6 short brackets are to mount the wood body to the frame
The L brackets with holes are the firewall brackets
The others are top brackets that come up out of the seats to hold the top

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Gairing on Friday, June 30, 2017 - 06:19 pm:

Sent you an email

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By The Head Light Lens Guy in California on Saturday, July 01, 2017 - 10:24 am:

Bob, you should have got message. I do have other party talking with me. Please include phone number in PM.

I will list more photos.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By The Head Light Lens Guy in California on Saturday, July 01, 2017 - 10:46 am:

Here is more stuff that was in the interstate box.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Saturday, July 01, 2017 - 07:50 pm:

Someone out there probably needs some of these parts for a project. I am always amazed at the old stuff people still have....

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration