Wtb flaper wizzard

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Wtb flaper wizzard
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By scott porter on Friday, June 30, 2017 - 06:56 pm:

Looking for a flapper if someone has one going to Montana . Thank you Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Plank in Humboldt, TN on Friday, June 30, 2017 - 09:40 pm:

Here ya go.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Kraft on Saturday, July 01, 2017 - 01:01 am:

I have a flapper simmons carburetor if thats what you are looking for? 831-278-2742

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Saturday, July 01, 2017 - 04:01 pm:

The Wizard carbs were made for Western Auto by Simmons. They are the same except for name.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Frost on Saturday, July 01, 2017 - 05:05 pm:

That would have been my nickname if I was around in the 20's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Saturday, July 01, 2017 - 10:17 pm:

Scott, Its always worth a try to see if someone has a particular part to a carb, but if you don't find one, your best bet may be to buy a complete one and save yours for parts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, July 02, 2017 - 02:53 pm:

I don't think it would be too difficult to make one (or a few) of those "flapper" valves. But understand, both the weight and the balance are fairly critical for it to work properly. It would be best to have a decent (broken okay?) original to copy and compare to.
The material would not have to be the same as the original. Many of them were a pot metal, which has done what old era pot metal does. A combination of steel, brass, aluminum, even lead (solder) or J B Weld, could be used, as long as the final shape, weight, and balance, were close to the original.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Sunday, July 02, 2017 - 06:17 pm:

How well does a T run with one of those carbies with out the flapper in it? doesn't look much different to a NH straight through.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenny Edmondson, Indianapolis on Wednesday, July 05, 2017 - 06:04 am:

Frank, there is no idle circuit on a Simmons like there is on the NH's. The flap is there to create vacuum in the venturi area to pull fuel out of the main jet area for the "idle circuit". But like Wayne said, balance and weight are very important

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Wednesday, July 05, 2017 - 06:55 am:

They run down the road just fine without it, but they don't idle at all, and are very hard to start.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Wednesday, July 05, 2017 - 05:56 pm:

Thanks Kenny & Derek, I have a couple of them but never tried one, I've always been happy with NH s/thou's.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration