Timers for sale

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Timers for sale
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Bates on Monday, July 03, 2017 - 10:45 am:

CRYSTAL TIMER As detailed in the 2001 March / April issue of Vintage Ford, the Crystal Timer was a unique and exciting after-market component used on many Model Ts during the early 20s. A stock of these unique collector's items, plus the original sales literature was recently found in my Grandfather’s barn who was the company's president. Although previously offered as NOS display antiques, many people are now using the Crystal Timer on their Ts with great success. Unfortunately, most of the timers require minor modification before they will work as originally designed. It was found that due to age and oxidation many of the pot metal support rings had swollen as much as 1/16th inch and required minor modification to fit into the engine recess. Although easily corrected with emery cloth or a bench grinder, we are now offering to those that want an operating timer rather than a display timer an additional option of timers with the ring machined to the correct diameter. This modification will insure that the timer will fit and operate in the same fashion it did when it was new. A participant of the recent 1000 mile Natchez Trace Tour ran the Crystal Timer and had this to say about it… “The crystal timer performed beautifully! I am sold on it from this point on. It is far superior to the roller timer I have been using even considering the modified roller I have on it. The crystal timer ran perfectly. I did not experience any misses or need to clean it.” A participant in the recent West Coast Speedster Endurance Run had the following to say about the Crystal Timer. “Ignition wise, the Crystal Timers worked flawlessly. I believe that our car ran without as much as a single sputter including the time when we forgot to switch from battery to magneto ignition. There were many long pull hills and the car lugged right down and grunted right along. Honestly, I can not imagine how a timer could work any better.”
The modified timer will cost $45.50 plus $9.00 S&H and NOS antique display timer in an unopened box is $41.00 plus $9.00 S&H or one of each for $83.00 plus $11.00 S&H. Although you may see other ads offering the Crystal Timer, they are either used or resales from this original stock. SUMMER SPECIAL…. Free shipping within the continental USA on orders placed before August 31st.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By chris lawrence on Monday, July 03, 2017 - 08:41 pm:

Hi glen, agree with those guys. Smooth running in all conditions. Just as smooth as a distributor. Good power through all ranges. Those that have them here like them to. I wouldn't go back to another. Thanks glen. Chris

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chadwick Azevedo on Monday, July 03, 2017 - 10:57 pm:

I mentioned this to a friend of mine (not on the forum) who's name is Dennis. He should be emailing you and I believe he wants at least 2.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Young in Mays Landing, NJ on Wednesday, July 05, 2017 - 05:30 pm:

Glen, is the brush included with each one sold?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Wednesday, July 05, 2017 - 07:43 pm:

Bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Thursday, July 06, 2017 - 02:43 pm:

Glen
As above, is this the timer and the roller? Where do we send payment to? Thank you

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Young in Mays Landing, NJ on Sunday, July 09, 2017 - 04:05 pm:

Bump. Is Glen temporarily out of T range?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By chris lawrence on Monday, July 10, 2017 - 04:09 pm:

The timers come complete with brush ready to mount and run if you ask him to machine to use. I found emailing him with great success.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bill Crosby Webster, NY on Monday, July 10, 2017 - 06:44 pm:

Glen, I just received the timer you sent me and It Is Perfect.

Thank You
Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Frost on Monday, July 10, 2017 - 08:32 pm:

Received one today. Great looking parts.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration