Need brake drum gear

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Need brake drum gear
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Monday, July 03, 2017 - 06:33 pm:

Looking for good brake drum gear that has tight rivet holes and smooth bearing surface, no rust or pits. I just need the gear, brake drum can be worn out, cracked etc. I am going to mount on my cut down 26/27 brake drum. In fact if you want to take a hammer and break the drum off that would be fine and save on shipping.
Thanks
MarkG

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan McEachern on Monday, July 03, 2017 - 07:22 pm:

Mark- there is no gear on a brake drum - only on
the low and reverse drums. Do you mean the shaft for the brake drum ??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Monday, July 03, 2017 - 09:07 pm:

Yes, you are right. There is no gear till it's pressed on. LOL, that what I get for reading the catalog description.
Change the word(s) gear to shaft. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Monday, July 03, 2017 - 11:49 pm:

Mark: I have about 20 or so of them. Do you want the 6 hole or 2 hole. The six hole one is easier to work with. I can send you either one for $20.00 plus shipping. I will also provide one that is tight around the brake drum shaft.
Dave Huson, 2116 Charro Ave. Longmont, Co. 80504
Phone 303-774-9246

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Tuesday, July 04, 2017 - 10:36 am:

I need the transmission brake drum hub. I don't think Ford sold this part by it's self so really don't know what to call it except to describe it the best I can.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Tuesday, July 04, 2017 - 07:18 pm:

Mark, a photo of the bit you need would end the confusion. I can help, but there should be a closer source if they know just what you are after.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Wednesday, July 05, 2017 - 09:34 am:

I think I found one, thanks everyone.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration