TT or AA Bed Stakes Wanted

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: TT or AA Bed Stakes Wanted
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Billy Nichols on Wednesday, July 05, 2017 - 09:34 pm:

Anyone have 8 along with the corner hardware to connect the front to the sides to the rear?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Wednesday, July 05, 2017 - 10:07 pm:

Billy, If you can't find any that someone wants to give away, or sell real reasonably, The AA stake is available new from Snyder's, part number AA-977, at a price of $49.95 each. Not cheap, but new, not rust pitted. The corner locking hardware is available on website trailerparts.com . This info on the hardware was posted on the 2017 Form on 3/6/17.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Putnam, Bluffton, Ohio on Wednesday, July 05, 2017 - 10:14 pm:

I believe those stakes and hardware were used by Ford stake bed trucks through the 60's. You might check local junk yards for stakes that look identical to the originals. I found some on a "retired" farm truck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Wednesday, July 05, 2017 - 11:53 pm:

Jack, I think you are right. One time I was looking for some parts for my Ford pickup back in the 80's or 90's. I cam across a F-350 from the 60's or 70's that was factory ordered and installed on the F-350, in the junkyard that I was in. As I recall, the factory stake bed was on a short wheel base frame and it even looked to be approximately the same length as a TT bed. The stakes and hardware could have fooled anyone if they had been on a TT. The rear of the bed even looked like a TT or AA bed with the two frame sills rivited to the rear of the bed. The most noticeable difference was instead of it saying Ford Truck (TT) or Ford (AA) in script, the word FORD was stamped in block letters.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Friday, July 07, 2017 - 04:41 am:

Pm me, I may have a few rough ones. Dan

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration