WANTED; a brake shoe

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: WANTED; a brake shoe
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Thursday, July 06, 2017 - 11:11 am:

I need 1 (one) accessory, lineable, early, (1921) brake shoe. I bought two and one is junk.
Tom 828-726-7664
thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Thursday, July 06, 2017 - 11:32 am:

Tom, there were a lot of different aftermarket lined brake shoes so need to know what type you have if you want to match both. None would be 1921 specific, they would be for small drum or large drum. Also to be sure do you need the one replacing the parking brake shoe or out side brake shoe?
I don't have any extras.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Thursday, July 06, 2017 - 12:28 pm:

I will try to post a picture of the good one. It is the thin steel type with cast ends where it contacts the cam. I included the '21 so most would know that pre26 is what I need.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Goelz-Knoxville,TN on Friday, July 07, 2017 - 01:15 pm:

It sounds like you have a 26/27 if it is steel, the earlier ones are cast iron.

Rick 24&26

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Friday, July 07, 2017 - 03:04 pm:

What I have fits in the drum on my '21. I now have it working but would like to replace it with a better one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Friday, July 07, 2017 - 04:22 pm:

Earlier accessory rear hub brakes came in steel - he has accessory lined shoes (bands really).

I have several different styles - I'll check Tommy.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration