“Ford Life Magazines” Complete Set of all 22 issues

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: “Ford Life Magazines” Complete Set of all 22 issues
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Friday, July 07, 2017 - 02:53 pm:

Ford life Magazine was published in the 1970’s by Lorin Sorenson. The publication only lasted for 22 issues. A complete original set of these magazines is very hard to find.
The magazine was billed as “The Magazine About, Fords, People, Places and Events” and includes many interesting articles related to Ford history. All issues including the first edition are originals and not reprints. Price is $650 and Priority Mail is additional. Ron Patterson Telephone 8five9-8eight1-1six77 or email modeltcoils(at)Windstream(dot)net.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, July 07, 2017 - 05:34 pm:

I only have a few of these, but want to say that they were incredible magazines! Lorin Sorensen had a fantastic personal collection of Ford photographs, including what I would guess was one of the largest collections of Ford factory photographs outside the Ford factory. Many of his photos have never been published, and many of what is in these magazines can be found nowhere else.
I was fortunate to be able to meet Lorin a few times. And one of my best friends was a very good friend of Lorin's. Being another model T guy, I was privileged to spend a few hours at my friend's house with a magnifying glass studying original pictures. These are the pictures why I am convinced that 30X3 wheels and tires were on the front of some 1926 model Ts, and some yet with wood felly wheels. The pictures I saw, along with original delivery-to-dealer letters, were from Lorin's private collection.

I do so much wish the magazine had been published much longer. It covered Fords from the beginning till after WWII, so not all of it was model T. But all of it was high quality articles with some of the best original pictures anywhere.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevada Bob Middleton on Friday, July 07, 2017 - 10:46 pm:

These are great my dad had about half this set i wore them out reading them over and over

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Saturday, July 08, 2017 - 12:53 pm:

Loren Sorensen's publications are among the greatest ever published. They are very hard to find and worth every penny you have to pay. Ford life was a magazine format. His books, The American Ford, The Open Fords and The Ford Shows are among the best ever published. I have them all. I do not know why they were never made more available.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Sunday, July 09, 2017 - 10:29 am:

BTT

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Monday, July 10, 2017 - 10:42 pm:

I have reduced the price to $550 shipping per original ad.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Thursday, July 13, 2017 - 08:08 pm:

The "Ford Life" books have been donated to the MTFCA Bruce McCalley Memorial Library and Research Center.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration