Wooden coil box wanted

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Wooden coil box wanted
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Green on Saturday, July 08, 2017 - 11:57 pm:

My coil box is breaking and I would like to find another used replacement, it was a remake to take the standard T coil that was on sale many years ago from the parts supply houses. I would be interested in another switch as fitted in the photo if any for sale. I have added some different views of the box and switch.. Thank you for any help.. Ray

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, July 09, 2017 - 12:58 am:

Look in your newest major model T parts suppliers, most carry the box to use the newer coils.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Green on Sunday, July 09, 2017 - 02:40 am:

Thank you and I have been told that but new ones have no wires or holes drilled and around $300 plus un-stained and like most restorers I would prefer a used one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, July 09, 2017 - 08:01 am:

Contact R.V. Anderson:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/411944/503391.html?1419214508

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Green on Sunday, July 09, 2017 - 09:34 am:

Thank you Mark but the vehicle has been off the road for a few years after loosing interest in the hobby and we have just got it going again and its not going to be pulled to bits again and thats why I wanted to buy a going item to just swap over and keep driving. Thank you for your idea but the time frame is far to long. Ray

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Sunday, July 09, 2017 - 09:34 am:

It's a shame some go to the trouble to make a part that is wrong! Do it right in the first place.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Green on Sunday, July 09, 2017 - 11:30 am:

Larry, I would have loved the correct box for the 13 but it was not around when I restored the car and there was not much timber left were it was as the termites had eaten it so I used what I could get. I just want to run my car once more and I hope another box will sort out the magi problem as I have spent a few thousand to get the engine rebuilt and the fly wheel recharged only to loose the magi on the first time we switched over to it after starting. There is a back flow of power coming back to the bobbin plate from the coil box and it killed the magnets, so I was after another one to try it in the hope it worked and I could recharge the magnets. I have to get it running and try again or it is back into the container and may never come out again.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Iowa John L Williams on Monday, July 10, 2017 - 08:55 am:

Ray: Hi From Iowa! I have a new - never used wood coil box just like yours that I will not be needing. It would need all your parts moved over, but the wood is new made many years ago! Let me know if you would be interested? John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Monday, July 10, 2017 - 09:41 am:

Like Larry said. And contact R.V. Anderson.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Monday, July 10, 2017 - 02:05 pm:

I think Ray did contact me via email, but I wasn't able to build one in the time frame he needed.

Thanks for the endorsements, though!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Green on Tuesday, July 11, 2017 - 08:06 pm:

Thank you John and hello to all the Iowa members here, John I have sent you an email, Thank you RV, but there is a lot of factors as part of this box thing, my health and time is pushing this as I want the car to look the same as it is now and I am unable to do much work on it and I just want to use it. My daughter will take it over in the long run as she can drive it with the best of them and is one step short of a road rage when let loose. Ray

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration