For sale T chassis with 1917 engine

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: For sale T chassis with 1917 engine
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Mays on Friday, July 14, 2017 - 03:11 pm:

The attached pictures are of a rolling T chassis with a 1917 engine, 1916213, May 7, 1917. I have not opened the engine but it turns freely with the crank--non starter engine. I'm not sure about the date for the frame but there is a starter button mounted so they were not for the same year. Hopefully the pictures will answer most of your questions but let me know by PM, or cell, nine three six, 525-7788, if you have questions. I do not have a body for the chassis but many boxes of parts that include: 4 or 5 more wooden wheels, 2 hoods, several horns--not sure if they work---several coils, maybe 20 or so---2 extra crank shafts--2 or 3 steering wheels===dash---several metal coil boxes---3 extra front axels---couple more radiator shells---a set of top bows but does not include the wood and I'm not sure about the year---several carburetors---many assorted engine parts. There are several more odds and ends in the boxes, maybe some vintage Ford tools as well. Cleaning out the barn and I'd like to sell this as a lot for $1,900.00. Thanks for looking.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Mays on Saturday, July 15, 2017 - 03:20 pm:

Seems like a good idea to include some pictures of the parts mentioned in the ad. I have laid out some of the parts and these pictures probably represent less than half of the parts to be included with a sale. When I removed the head I found the original cylinder bore at 3.75" and the cylinder walls appear to be nice and slick. The pistons are original steel. The valves are the two piece type. The inside of the transmission and the bands appear to be clean and not full of gunk. Couldn't tell a lot about the drums but I didn't see any cracks. The pictures show two good hoods, some of the wooden wheels and a good sample of the coils. The top bows appear to be in good shape but I don't know the year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Saturday, July 15, 2017 - 05:02 pm:

Hi John

Looks like a good deal for someone .....

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Mays on Saturday, July 15, 2017 - 05:24 pm:

Thanks Jim. If you haul this stuff for a buyer it shouldn't take you too long to load it up in your trailer. I'll take your picture as you work that will be suitable for framing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevada Bob Middleton on Saturday, July 15, 2017 - 06:50 pm:

What a deal if i was closer
But bbest part that one blue crown spark plug

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Saturday, July 15, 2017 - 10:30 pm:

John,

I have a 1965 Mustang to drop off in San Antonio next week if you find a Buyer ......

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Mays on Sunday, July 16, 2017 - 11:34 am:

btt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Mays on Monday, July 17, 2017 - 12:30 pm:

I would consider selling all the parts separately and the chassis/engine separately if anyone is interested. Make an offer for the lot or either the parts or the chassis/engine. Thanks for looking.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration