Brass T search

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Brass T search
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donald Rivard on Saturday, July 15, 2017 - 08:34 am:

I am new to this site so I have probably picked the wrong location for this thread but none the less l am searching for an early brass project so have been haunting this site. When reading through the threads on various cars I see discussions about the price of a car but I can't find the price in the ad anywhere. Also the same thing happens with the car location. Am I missing something.
Thanks
Don

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Saturday, July 15, 2017 - 08:38 am:

Try in the keyword search location "Jim Schenk", or "1913 Touring"...he has a '13 I think still for sale, last I knew, was $18K. Not necessarily a project car, but needs some TLC.

Hope this helps.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Saturday, July 15, 2017 - 08:56 am:

BTW...the car I think is in Galion Ohio.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John T. Tannehill III, Hot Coffee, MS on Saturday, July 15, 2017 - 09:11 am:

https://worcester.craigslist.org/cto/6194241000.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Saturday, July 15, 2017 - 09:45 am:

That one's hardly a project John unless to correct all the non-'11 stuff I guess! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, July 15, 2017 - 05:40 pm:

Click on the posters name, their profile should show their location. Not every time, but most.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, July 15, 2017 - 05:49 pm:

You might also think about what year(s) brass T you are looking for. Saying that you are looking for a brass T, well is kinda open because there were brass T's up to 1916. Prices are going to be a lot lower for a 1914 to 1916 then say cars earlier then that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donald Rivard on Saturday, July 15, 2017 - 08:02 pm:

11 or 12 but 13 would be o k fir the right deal but would like a full brass headlights and sidelights car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Saturday, July 15, 2017 - 08:29 pm:

Full brass will limit you to '09-'12. Dig deep into your pockets.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chadwick Azevedo on Saturday, July 15, 2017 - 08:46 pm:

Are you looking for something all correct or something that looks good from a distance?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John T. Tannehill III, Hot Coffee, MS on Saturday, July 15, 2017 - 09:36 pm:

Tim based on what he's looking for that one would be less expensive than trying to restore a fixer upper. I think you and I both know that. Ha

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donald Rivard on Sunday, July 16, 2017 - 07:38 am:

I know the early ones demand a lot more than the black ts. I grew up with my father as an avid collector. First car I learned to drive was a 1919 t.. I would like a project car but not a basket case. I know how to get upside down on a restoration. Done that before.
Thanks for all the input on this site. The MTFCA people are the best at getting back on a thread.
Don

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Sunday, July 16, 2017 - 09:33 am:

Yeh John, you're right. Sometimes I do overlook that aspect. It's a shame it's that way, 'cause for some guys half the fun is fixin' 'em up, even if you are gonna lose your shirt! Have a good one! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John T. Tannehill III, Hot Coffee, MS on Monday, July 17, 2017 - 03:17 pm:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/3487/772763.html?1500317083

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Monday, July 17, 2017 - 04:17 pm:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1914-Ford-Model-T-/332307045855?hash=item4d5f0b1ddf:g:cD gAAOSw3~tZa77M&vxp=mtr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chadwick Azevedo on Monday, July 17, 2017 - 06:43 pm:

Most of it boils down to my previous question. Are you looking for something that is all correct or something else?

For example there are some when say they are looking for a brass car that would love to have/build something like this.
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/3487/763527.html?1500083916

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donald Rivard on Monday, July 17, 2017 - 10:28 pm:

Chadwick, I know what you are saying. I want a brass car that looks as a Henry Ford product built the year that it represents. I do want a starter to make using the car easier at 70 years old but no home made bodies.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Tuesday, July 18, 2017 - 03:50 pm:

Sorry to disappoint you Chadwick, but Ford did not make any brass cars with electric starters. Now many owners modify earlier brass cars to add a starter and other none original parts and look great but they are NOT original.
Once you add a an electric starter, then a battery is essential, then a generator or alternator is very convenient. Once you have all this stuff, you may as well add electric lights within the brass lights.
Where do we stop? Recently I added a USB port to my 1914 brass Touring.
Good luck in your search

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donald Rivard on Tuesday, July 18, 2017 - 06:22 pm:

Tony, you would be fine with adding an electric start on a brass car if doing so was the difference between being able to own a brass car or not. I sold a 15 all original a couple years ago because I was getting physically unable to crank it. I have only become two years older since then. Car ran great on mag so didn't need a generator. Also started well on mag. As far as elec lights are concerned I am with you on that but know a lot of guys who run full directional signal set ups on their brass and black cars. Can't say that I blame them with the way some people drive now.
Thanks
Don

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration