Would like to borrow...

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Would like to borrow...
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Saturday, July 15, 2017 - 07:37 pm:

...wheel hub thread chaser for fixing the hub cap threads.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joe bell on Sunday, July 16, 2017 - 08:57 am:

Jack Putnam is making some new ones, they may be done?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Sunday, July 16, 2017 - 03:10 pm:

Thanks for the heads up Joe...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Wednesday, July 19, 2017 - 05:18 pm:

I'll handle the shipping of course- just don't want to spend a hundred bucks to repair one wheel...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Goelz-Knoxville,TN on Wednesday, July 19, 2017 - 06:57 pm:

If you have a good hub puller and some time they will straighten the threads, just screw it on and off while tightening the clamping bolt it takes a while but I have done it several times on beat up threads Just a thought.

Rick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Wednesday, July 19, 2017 - 07:29 pm:

Rick thanks. I do have a puller and will give it a try.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Wednesday, July 19, 2017 - 09:26 pm:

You might use a fine 3 corner file and a good pair of reading glasses. Screwing something as heavy as a hub puller blind on the fine hubcap thread seems like a recipe for disaster.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration