Early T hub cap wrenches

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Early T hub cap wrenches
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Sunday, July 16, 2017 - 04:28 pm:

Early hub cap wrenches, 125.00 each plus 8.00 shipping to 48 states. Kdmks AT att.net

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Sunday, July 16, 2017 - 07:37 pm:

Wrench on the left is sold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Monday, July 17, 2017 - 12:44 am:

Kim, the one I have in the tool roll for my 1912 is like the one on the right in your photo. Can you tell me why the centre one has an octagonal small end? What does it fit?

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Monday, July 17, 2017 - 09:32 am:

The one in the middle is not a Ford part. I've seen these many times, and I think a lot of people have bought the incorrect part! Thanks Allan for pointing this out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, July 17, 2017 - 10:38 am:

What do the pins fit on the wrench on the left?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Paulsen - McPherson, KS on Monday, July 17, 2017 - 10:59 am:

A slightly larger version of the wrench on the left was original equipment with my 1913 Buick. The pins fit the outer wheel bearing race.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Monday, July 17, 2017 - 11:14 am:

The wrench on the right is sold. Alan, I don't know about the different end on the center wrench. As far as Larry seeing many of these, it's a pretty rare wrench. Mark, the wrench on the left was made by at least 4 different wheel suppliers and some are not Ford and will not fit a Ford hubcap. I don't think the pins have any application on a T. Thanks to the club, this site has become the best was to sell T parts I've found.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles W. Little South Paris, Maine on Monday, July 17, 2017 - 11:40 am:

The more common wrench that is similar to the center and right has an octagonal LARGE end. I have been told it was for Chevys. I don't know what the hexagonal large and octagonal small fits!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles W. Little South Paris, Maine on Monday, July 17, 2017 - 11:43 am:

Opps, i got mixed up. The common has a HEXAGONAL large end. That is the "Chevy" one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles W. Little South Paris, Maine on Monday, July 17, 2017 - 11:45 am:

Opps, i got mixed up. The common has a HEXAGONAL large end. That is the "Chevy" one. I don't know what the one with both octagonal large and small ends fits

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Monday, July 17, 2017 - 09:00 pm:

Easy to mix them up Charles. I thought i had one at Ford n More in Spokane, until I counted the six sides on the large end while at the service counter.

Allan from down under.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration