FS Model T Engine

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: FS Model T Engine
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Thursday, July 20, 2017 - 01:55 pm:

Model T engine (02/28/22). Looks as if someone did quite of bit of work on this engine. Re-babitted rods and mains with shims present, aluminum pistons, new valves, pushrods and springs installed, fiber timing gear. Will need to be disassembled and cleaned up prior to putting it back into service. Prefer not to ship $850.00.

Mark Chaffin (951) 805-0928 or send me a PM.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Tuesday, July 25, 2017 - 11:54 am:

Bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Wednesday, July 26, 2017 - 12:32 pm:

Reduced to $800. Pick up preferred.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Sunday, July 30, 2017 - 02:41 pm:

Bottom dollar $750. Pick up preferred.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Tuesday, August 01, 2017 - 06:32 pm:

Btt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Wednesday, August 02, 2017 - 09:23 am:

Engine block has been disassembled with the exception of pistons and rods. Babbit has been replaced in both rods and mains with shims in place. Camshaft and bearings in great condition. Timing gear and crank gear as well as valves, springs and keepers also were replaced. No water jacket cracks visible. Clean up and reassemble and you will have a great running engine for a fraction of the price. Packed and READY TO SHIP. Price is now $800 plus shipping.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Wednesday, August 02, 2017 - 09:30 am:

Pistons are aluminum and are free in the bores.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Jull in Oakland on Wednesday, August 02, 2017 - 04:37 pm:

How could nobody be interested in this? I would buy it in a second if I hadn't already bought one from Glen.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Wednesday, August 02, 2017 - 05:46 pm:

Thomas,

I'm surprised myself. Just to have the babbit work done out here is $750 alone. Go figure. Oh well. I may just have to hold onto it for a future project. On a side note. Shipping for two packages via UPS is estimated to in the $150 range.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Thursday, August 03, 2017 - 06:16 pm:

Btt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James DellaRatta on Wednesday, August 09, 2017 - 11:30 pm:

I am interested in the motor. Still available?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 11:21 am:

Lots of interest. No commitment though. The engine has been disassembled (except pistons and rods). Everything has been packaged and marked for reassembly. Shipping will be two boxes packed very well. Shipping cost via UPS to most anywhere in the lower 48 will be about $150 extra.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Duquette Grand Forks, ND on Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 04:46 pm:

Mark,
pm sent.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Friday, August 11, 2017 - 11:32 am:

Bottom dollar $750. Ready to ship.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Friday, August 11, 2017 - 01:08 pm:

Sold to James. Thanks James. Thanks MTFCA.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration