1909-1910 Touring Complete or Part Out

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: 1909-1910 Touring Complete or Part Out
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Hgenter on Friday, July 21, 2017 - 10:49 pm:

1909-1910 Touring Complete... or Part Out?

The car is mostly disassembled. I would prefer to sell the entire car for $24,500 OBO.

If I donít receive a high enough offer for the entire car as-is, I may part it out.

Please private message me for any parts you are interested in, with an offer for the part, or parts you want. If there is enough interest in the parts, I may part it out.

The first photo was taken of the same car, prior to disassembly. The car ran and drove great, until the crank broke. I decided while having the engine rebuilt I would also paint it red, but as you can see... it didn't get done. In hindsight, I should have just left it blue, and just rebuilt the engine.

I have parts to rebuild the engine, including a Scat steel crank worth about $1,500, and new rods. The engine # was stamped over, so someone likely replaced the engine at some point. It is an early open valve engine. The pan is a welded pan to be one piece, they did a nice job.

I have a clear 1909 Washington state title.

Private message me with your email address and I will email more photos.

09T

09 T

09 T

09 T

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Hgenter on Saturday, July 22, 2017 - 12:24 pm:

The Car is located in Southern California

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Hgenter on Tuesday, July 25, 2017 - 07:33 pm:

Bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By frank cannella jr. on Thursday, July 27, 2017 - 03:20 pm:

Hi, I would like to know if you should part it. how much would you want for the rear and spring? thanks frank.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Hgenter on Friday, July 28, 2017 - 12:33 am:

Hi Frank,
I will put you on the list for parts. I hope to sell the entire car.
If the car doesn't sell soon, I will contact you.
Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Hgenter on Sunday, July 30, 2017 - 11:57 pm:

The complete car had sold.

THANK YOU MTFCA!

I still have a New set of smooth white tires? I think these were made before they started having trouble with the white tires. They are all still in the original wrappers. I would like to get $1,000, plus postage for the set.
I also have one extra New 30X3-1/2 smooth white tire, I would like to get $275.00 plus postage for it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Hgenter on Monday, July 31, 2017 - 12:07 am:

The complete car had sold.

THANK YOU MTFCA!

I posted the wrong price for the tires...

Asking $1,100.00 Not 1,000.

I still have a New set of smooth white tires. I think these were made before they started having trouble with the white tires? They are all still in the original wrappers. I would like to get $1,100, plus postage for the set.
I also have one extra New 30X3-1/2 smooth white tire, I would like to get $275.00 plus postage for it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Monday, July 31, 2017 - 08:36 pm:

Thanks Bruce.
I'll be busy for the next 24 months (at least).

With the help of Kim we found the date stamped on the transmission shaft. In the right light we made out 9 30 09.

We got it home to the safety of the barn. Now I have to complete some other projects so can spent some quality time, starting with the chassis, then motor, then metal parts, then the wood body, upholstery and finally polish the brass.
That sounds like a lot of work.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Tuesday, August 01, 2017 - 12:10 am:

I was putting the block in temporary storage as I want to work on the chassis and axles. However I noticed an extra threaded hole on the left side of the block.

Enlargement of the extra threaded hole

I think we briefly discussed it with Kim and Bruce when we loaded the block but can't remember if we came to a conclusion.

Does anyone know what it's for???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirby Pray on Tuesday, August 01, 2017 - 12:21 am:

Congratulations, Tony! Now maybe you'll let me clean parts or sand body parts! Kirby

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, August 01, 2017 - 01:46 am:

I do not recall what it is for (or from). However, I know that extra boss and hole is unique to the '09 and '10 model T blocks. It is nearly impossible to fake by modifying later blocks, especially with surface rust surrounding it.
So, what it is for? Is proving the block is genuine. (We won't discuss the few reproduction blocks out there)
Regardless, congratulations on a great beginning to a fantastic model T!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Tuesday, August 01, 2017 - 02:04 am:

I don't think it was ever identified as to why the boss was put there, didn't it eventually disappear after a few months of production?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warwick Landy Traralgon Australia on Tuesday, August 01, 2017 - 02:45 am:

Tony, Congratulations on getting a great deal! I was trying to get an Aussie mate to buy it! The extra boss cast into the side of the block has been discussed here several times. Generally accepted is was cast in as an extra external oil line entry. The screw is a square head set screw. there is a few pictures around of blocks where the hole was never drilled and tapped. Time frame for that mould casting has been established late 1909/early 1910. Engine 14529 January 1910 had the same casting. good luck with the re restoration. It will be a magnificent car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Tuesday, August 01, 2017 - 04:10 am:

Just to clarify things here .....

Once again - Kim Dobbins stepped up to help out another person with their Model T - he has done this over and over again so many times .......

One of the very best people in the Model T Community.

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Hgenter on Tuesday, August 01, 2017 - 09:22 am:

Jim, you are correct about Kim.

Willing to help with his trailer, and his time. And for someone who he didn't even know. Thank you Kim!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Tuesday, August 01, 2017 - 10:04 am:

The extra hole in the block would be very convenient if you add an accessory oil pipe from the magneto contact :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John T. Tannehill III, Hot Coffee, MS on Tuesday, August 01, 2017 - 11:21 am:

Tony looks like a bad block to me. Why don't you send it my way and I'll just send you an extra 11 block I have. Heck I'll even pay for shipping both ways.
So very happy for you my friend. Knowing you, you'll have her back on the road in record time.
Kudos to Bruce, Kim and any others for making this happen and keeping it all together.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Tuesday, August 01, 2017 - 11:05 pm:

Funny John, funny
There was an oiler from the magneto post so I might use the hole for an external oiler.
There was a thunderstorm today, you know it never rains in Sothern Cal, so I couldn't work on the top of the 24, so I spent the afternoon cleaning all the shop dust off the fenders. Messy job.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alan George Long on Tuesday, August 01, 2017 - 11:25 pm:

I'm so glad to hear it us going to be restored and not sold off for parts, even though I would have liked a few!!!
Great outcome
Alan in Western Australia

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, August 02, 2017 - 01:49 am:

Alan G L, My sentiments exactly! I have known of a few too many half-done early T projects that got parted out. Too sad, that scattering the pieces to the winds is so much more profitable than selling it as a project to be finished.
Parts are out there. One way or another, even if reproduction is the only option, a person needing a few pieces can usually get them. Putting together a 90 percent complete car? Not so easy.

Wonderful project! Congratulations all around! I really hope to see this car, completely restored, in a few years.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Wednesday, August 02, 2017 - 02:31 am:

I hate to see any T busted up to sell parts not just the early ones. Even worse around here you have to bid again the junkies that just take them to the nearest junk yard.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Wednesday, August 02, 2017 - 10:43 am:

I realised this morning that this thread is still in the classified area. I understand that the classified are deleted once they are three months old and really I don't want to see this thread disappear. Accordingly I plant to start a new thread on the forum. I will try to add details and pictures of progress (and otherwise) of this restoration.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, August 02, 2017 - 03:03 pm:

Tony B, Thank you. W2

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration