My 1st T is a cut off touring

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: My 1st T is a cut off touring
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Rhoads on Sunday, July 23, 2017 - 12:34 pm:

looking for a rear half of a touring I understand it is sum what common, this being my first, if any one knows of a back portion of a touring please reply

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Sunday, July 23, 2017 - 01:23 pm:

Welcome,

Perhaps you can post a few images of your Model T to help others figure out what exactly you need.

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, July 23, 2017 - 01:27 pm:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/708324/772487.html?1500825079

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Rhoads on Sunday, July 23, 2017 - 03:47 pm:

I have a thread in the forum with lots of photos and close ups if it is not there I will gladly get one. The guys on that thread have been great but the jury is out for now...join the sluth LOL look under...Newbie(please don't bruise me)

Thanks Rocky

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, July 23, 2017 - 03:59 pm:

The thread that Michael mentions is the one in the link that I posted above.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, July 23, 2017 - 05:24 pm:

And, just to simplify things a bit, the T he is looking to make more correct (definitely a worthy cause) is a bit of a bitsa. Parts range from 1917 into 1926. However, most of the car appears to be from 1918 through 1921, and most of that right about early'19.
So the ideal touring rear section for his T should be a five panel, anything from 1916 into '21. The three panel from 1920 through '25 could be made to work (I have seen it done several times, most people would never even notice). It is of course Michael R's call. But since it appears to be his goal to pinpoint the car's year and make the car more correct? I would imagine he would prefer a body section that matches his front section, and chassis.

I would imagine that location is a consideration here. I seem to recall a five panel rear tub offered near San Jose Califunny several months back. I don't know if it sold or not. If Michael R is in Texas? Model T Haven may be a good option?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ben jermainne on Sunday, July 23, 2017 - 06:32 pm:

I needed to replace rear panels in my touring. I was able to buy them from model t haven

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Rhoads on Sunday, July 23, 2017 - 08:11 pm:

now I seem to be letting this get ahead of me ...found 3 doors for a 20 touring and seems I can get the rest of the sheet metal from different suppliers . Am I nuts to think I can bring Her back? Think I will name Her Sheneda......Sheneda this , Sheneda that

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Intribus on Sunday, July 23, 2017 - 08:24 pm:

I sent you a PM this morning told you to send me a email and I would send you some pictures of some touring back sections, I would send you pictures or post them but I do not know how, enough of everyone's time has been wasted, I'm out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Rhoads on Monday, July 24, 2017 - 07:38 am:

sorry to have offended the populace. If you have any info please PM me....and as I told Mr. Intribus I cannot find a received PM file

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Monday, July 24, 2017 - 09:31 pm:

Bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Rhoads on Tuesday, July 25, 2017 - 08:00 am:

okay what the heck does Bump mean

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Intribus on Tuesday, July 25, 2017 - 08:16 am:

^

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, July 25, 2017 - 09:42 am:

Just a way to bring the thread back to the top. Any text will do, even just a period.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By M G Hillhouse on Tuesday, July 25, 2017 - 10:41 am:

Michael, pm (private message) is an email sent to the address you entered when you joined. Check your profile to be sure it's correct and also check the junk or blocked messages for your email account. Hopefully this will smooth out the wrinkles. MG

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration